Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 2 windows 10

mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
so i just upgraded to windows 10 today and i can not play my sims 2. :'( I had been getting the black screen but figured out how to fix that but now a sims 2 manager is popping up and i cant do anything to the game. my question is if i delete my files and start over will it fix it? Im hoping windows 10 didn't ruin the game BC i will cry!

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I don't have Windows 10, but I was searching through the forums and found this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/882846/installing-the-sims-2-on-windows-10#latest

Maybe something in that video will help?
  • Options
    i have uc version but thanks so much for your response and being really nice in the forums! i will watch it and see if it can help me.

• Options
    Right, so if you have the UC version, than maybe there's something in that video that can help with the installation of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    UGH. Edited to remove duplicate info. What is with the errors on this site the last couple of days???
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hiya! You might want to try deleting secrom off your computer. Secrom and windows 10 do not play well together.

http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Hiya! You might want to try deleting secrom off your computer. Secrom and windows 10 do not play well together.

http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸

That's interesting, I had no problems with The Sims 2 despite it using SecuROM. The Sims 2 actually works on Windows 10. However, I couldn't play The Sims at all on Windows 10 (The Sims and SimCity 4 use SafeDisc). Note the black boxes is a graphical glitch with the video card.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXx59QQoLA

The problem with The Sims 2 UC is that the game still includes SecuROM and the 5 PC activation limit. The activation limit was left over when The Sims 2 used to be on sale. When you play The Sims 2 UC, the game uses an activation slot. However, the game also uses another activation slot for other OSes in the PC. For example, playing The Sims 2 and then reinstalling Windows without deauthorizing the UC on the previous installation and then playing The Sims 2 on the new installation will count as a second PC. Likewise, playing The Sims 2 on Windows 7 and Windows 10 dual-booted on the same computer will also count as 2 PCs. Eventually after a couple of Windows installs, The Sims 2 will run out of activation slots causing the License Limit Reached error to appear. The only way to make your copy playable is to contact EA Support to get a new code.

You can deauthorize The Sims 2 UC which explains how to deauthorize the game though the Run Prompt.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    so i just upgraded to windows 10 today and i can not play my sims 2. :'( I had been getting the black screen but figured out how to fix that but now a sims 2 manager is popping up and i cant do anything to the game. my question is if i delete my files and start over will it fix it? Im hoping windows 10 didn't ruin the game BC i will cry!

I also had where I would start the game and the whole screen would turn black so I had to run compatibility wizard thing on Windows 10 and I set compatibility to Windows 7 and it works perfect in that area. I'm not sure what you mean about Sims 2 Manager is popping up. What is that exactly? Hopefully I can help you out.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    i went ahead and went back to windows 7 i couldn't get anything to work and i only use my desktop for my games mainly, i just went back. thanks to everyone for helping.

• Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Hi, what would be best to run on windows 10. I have all sims 2 discs but didn't know if it would be best to try and get sims 2 ultimate collection.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    Hi, what would be best to run on windows 10. I have all sims 2 discs but didn't know if it would be best to try and get sims 2 ultimate collection.

The UC runs best, to my understanding - windows 10 is not backwards compatible with the .exe for older discs
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Thanks Scribal Goddess for the advice.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    i contacted EA support today and they put the ultimate collection on Origin for me , took about 25 minutes altogether to wait for a rep then get them to do it for me , fingers crossed i will soon be playing Sims 2 again at last , without this thread i wouldn't have even thought about this , Thankyou