Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this all about?

So I stumbled upon this video of The Sims Freeplay and it shows the next update for the game: Spa's

The first thing that came to mind was "Wow, this really is close to Sims 4 Spa game pack". It even got some objects we got from that pack. But then I started nothing things we don't have...
-> Sims relaxing in long chairs
-> Manicure table?

Even some objects look better (more complete, like where they have the water bowl for their feet). It seems they give more importance to the Freeplay instead of Sims 4. I could be wrong though. Please, let me be wrong!

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    For what it's worth, I think the Sims themselves look far better in Sims4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member
    Well if sims didnt look better in Sims 4 something was wrong xD
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Lol it even has the same icon as TS4 Spa Day. :lol:

Well all I can say is FreePlay must have a pretty big budget to be able to patch in so much stuff. :sweat:
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2016
    I couldn't bring myself to stay with Sims FP. I tried a couple different times, then gave up for good.

But, one thing I did wish was in our PC Sims game - some of the items, from Sims FreePlay.
    Especially pool items, and some of the kitchen things.

I also miss a lot of the original The Sims (PC) items.
    Stuff such as the counters (with no bottoms), food bars, etc.

In my opinion, many items had very nice detail, that seems to be a bit disappointing in Sims 4.
    (I can't stand the look of some items, like fruit bowls and such. It's like badly cut out magazine pics.) :s

I would LOVE to have some of the more-detailed items back...

And a handful of items from FP. :D
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I'm with @SimplySimazing in that I tried FP but just couldn't get into it. As for them having similar stuff to TS4 that's not surprising and as @GalacticGal said the graphics are very different and that allows them to do some things in FP that would be a lot more difficult for TS4.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    It seems that The Sims FreePlay likes to reuse things from the Windows and Mac games; for example, the Supernatural and Witches & Wizards updates are based on The Sims 3 Supernatural, Saddle Up took Horses from The Sims 3 Pets, Climate Control is based on The Sims 2 Seasons and The Sims 3 Seasons, Great Outdoors is based on The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, and Day Spa is based on The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack. Also FreePlay now uses The Sims 4's logo rather than the original TS3-style logo. There are some things that are not from Windows and Mac game such as the Sunset Mall and the 2015 Christmas' "Frozen" world. I think the Mysterious Island and Royal Castle (although it could be inspired by The Sims Medieval and MySims Kingdom) could be original to FreePlay although I think it's inspired by another game.

However, both FreePlay and TS4 do have similar ideas; for example, they both got a romantic themed update (Romance Island Update and TS4 Romantic Garden Stuff, respectively) and they both had a Easter/Spring challenge.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Even some objects look better (more complete, like where they have the water bowl for their feet). It seems they give more importance to the Freeplay instead of Sims 4. I could be wrong though. Please, let me be wrong!

I have no idea why.....maybe TSF is making more money?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2016
    It seems that The Sims FreePlay likes to reuse things from the Windows and Mac games; for example, the Supernatural and Witches & Wizards updates are based on The Sims 3 Supernatural, Saddle Up took Horses from The Sims 3 Pets, Climate Control is based on The Sims 2 Seasons and The Sims 3 Seasons, Great Outdoors is based on The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, and Day Spa is based on The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack. Also FreePlay now uses The Sims 4's logo rather than the original TS3-style logo. There are some things that are not from Windows and Mac game such as the Sunset Mall and the 2015 Christmas' "Frozen" world. I think the Mysterious Island and Royal Castle (although it could be inspired by The Sims Medieval and MySims Kingdom) could be original to FreePlay although I think it's inspired by another game.

However, both FreePlay and TS4 do have similar ideas; for example, they both got a romantic themed update (Romance Island Update and TS4 Romantic Garden Stuff, respectively) and they both had a Easter/Spring challenge.
    It would be more strange if developers looking for new ideas didn't become inspired by seeing things in other games. I don't believe that they want to just copy such things completely though because it probably feels more natural for them to attempt new ways to use them and to try proving that they can do it better than where they got their inspiration ;)

Firemonkeys were therefore inspired by some things in TS4. But especially the challenges were probably something made first by Firemonkeys for the Sims Freeplay whereafter Maxis then got the idea to do something similar in the Sims 4.