Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successful Lineage VS. Big Happy Family

Please would someone point out the main differences between aspirations Successful Lineage and Big Happy Family? While the descriptions read slightly different, I can't help but feel like they're really one in the same thing. Does picking one over the other make any sort of significant gameplay difference? I'm going to try my hand at a legacy and figured I ought to start one of my sim's off with A or B. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Successful lineage, is mainly success, good grades thought school, a good career, little to no disappointments, to carry though out the generations

Big Happy Family, is that one day your sim wants to build a family from scratch, and one day become a Patriarch/Matriarch of a family.

they both have something in common and that's building a family, but Big Happy family I think is more about just having a family, no matter what. and Successful Lineage is more success, and if you one of your decedents fails, then they fail your sim's legacy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Big Happy Family, you'll have to have several children and several grandchildren, while Successful Lineage, you can have only one if you want.
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Both responses gave me just the info I needed! Thank you.
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Big Happy Family is about having many offspring, while Successful Lineage is about having one successful offspring, kinda of quantity vs. quality.

Big Happy Family is harder to complete since it requires you to have at least three children.

Matriarch/Patriarch seems like a better reward trait to me though.

Also, you don't have to start with a family aspiration, the Domestic bonus trait is pretty useless, you can start with a better bonus trait and change to a family aspiration later.
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2016
    I wish they had the element of raise 5 children though to YA. It was my favourite lifetime goal in Sims 3- I find these two are too difficult. But family play is lacking a bit in this. The hardest bit I find is getting the grandchildren in Big Happy Family. There's not enough room in my house and they won't have a kid autonomously.
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Also both are a little buggy still, the reward trait for big happy family gives kids a bonus to skills when they are around you. Successful lineage reward trait gives you a bonus each time your kids increase a skill.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."