Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thrift Stores for Old Sims 1-2

hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
I check my local thrift stores at least once a week and ALWAYS see old Sims games. I decided to show proof! lol If you really want to play again (for cheap!!), pop around to your local 2nd hand stores. I always pull them out of the cd/dvd sections and lay then together, just in case any Simmers come after me. :)

13052610_10156808539085082_1996043171_o_zps0gtvrtcn.jpg
let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
*Team Seasons*
XtR6m6.png

Comments

• Options
    And yes, I generally see Sims 3 as well. Just not this time around.
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    What a generous thing to do. :) Simmers will appreciate you finding them and putting them together. I've been looking for the entire collection of The Sims (1) but no such luck yet. :/
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    You're awesome for doing that :) Seeing that making magic cd there is killing me haha. That's the only one missing from my collection. xD
  • Options
    lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    That's so kind of you! I love seeing old sims games at thrift stores.
  • Options
    Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    Lucky! My local thrift stores don't even have electronics sections (outside of VHS tapes, DVD's and CD's), but I managed to pick up a copy of Superstar when I was out of town at a secondhand bookstore. Too bad it doesn't even work on my computer. :'(
  • Options
    Lucky! My local thrift stores don't even have electronics sections (outside of VHS tapes, DVD's and CD's), but I managed to pick up a copy of Superstar when I was out of town at a secondhand bookstore. Too bad it doesn't even work on my computer. :'(

Do you check the cd's/dvd's section closely? That's where I find them. :)

Thank you all. I'm just trying to help out fellow Simmers. :)
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I used to check all the ones around my old area and there Never was any old Sims games. I hope no one buys/exchanges for them without the base game.
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    LBell wrote: »
    What a generous thing to do. :) Simmers will appreciate you finding them and putting them together. I've been looking for the entire collection of The Sims (1) but no such luck yet. :/

I had the entire collection of TS1 (Mac version) until a couple of years ago when I trashed the lot. I haven't had a Mac for some years now and didn't think anyone else would have been interested in TS1 now.
  • Options
    Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    I have been, but no luck so far. :( Only really when I go out of town I get any chance of finding them.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I used to check all the ones around my old area and there Never was any old Sims games. I hope no one buys/exchanges for them without the base game.

I went to another local thrift store and found 5 of the original base games, 1 deluxe edition, and oodles of expansions. All only Sims 1 this time. I wish I could buy/give them to everyone who wants them.
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    I'll have to do that next time i see them, I've been looking for makin' magic as past me lost one of the discs haha
  • Options
    NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    That's so nice that you always put the discs together - little things like that can really brighten a person's day. :)
    There are several thrift stores in my area but they tend to have more old decor like cat-shaped teapots or garden gnomes and stuff like that than video games. On one rare occasion I found a copy of the Sims 3 but it was in terrible condition. I'd probably have better luck outside my hometown. If I ever come across a copy of the Sims 2, I plan on getting it.
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Options
    amyvityamyvity Posts: 87 Member
    Last time I went to the local thrift shop there were loads of TS2 expansion packs, but no base games! Will look next time I'm there, I would love to play TS2!
    Visit me on the Sims 3 website!