Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss being the mayor!

In TS3, my Sim was ALWAYS the mayor. I loved wearing the sash as well as the random political corruption events that came along with the career.
I hope TS4 eventually brings back some type of political career, as I think that's a lot different than what we currently have. & man, the stories Simmers could create, reflective of the current political craziness happening all over the world!

Maybe it could come back with an entire theme of "city public servants" (politicians, firefighters, burglaries with police actually responding. And the protestors outside of city hall! I MISS PROTESTING! Maybe with actual "issues" to protest and "laws" to create. (Nothing serious, but like, silly laws and issues to protest.) I really wish they would've tied something like that into "Get To Work," since GTW was kind of a silly name for something that was a mix of a bunch of different themes instead of the title. Maybe they could tie it into a University-themed EP....

Of course, this would be an EP that could probably provide a lot more gameplay after a few more EPs are incorprated...I'd think it'd be really cool to bring back!

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I myself think that there should be more than mayor.

How about being an Emperor? :p
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Perhaps the Politics career will return in November, since the U.S presidential election is on November 8, 2016. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Perhaps the Politics career will return in November, since the U.S presidential election is on November 8, 2016. o:)

That would be a good way to cash in ;)

I mean, they can't cash in on Halloween again can they?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I am in the mood to build a City Hall, but I want elevators.

I would like it, as an active career.
    But I want them to change something about active careers themselves.

I don't like that the only way to get to them, is by going to Work.

I know it's probably hard to add to the map, but I would like Buildings like City Hall, Police Station/Prison, Fire Station, etc to be on the maps.

like My Sim is a detective is Willow Creek PD, why am I being sent to Oasis Springs, NewCrest and Windenburg to patrol? or Solve Cases, those cities aren't even in my jurisdiction.

fix it.

and to be able to go to retail, and Government Property, and apply for jobs, then where ever you apply, is where you work, and you can always ask to transfer locations.

I would like different positions

Mayor, Treasurer, Secretary, other Council Members

Wishful thinking:

As Mayor you can edit public areas around the world, (as long as you are mayor of that world).
    ex: Mayor of Willow Creek can't edit Oasis Springs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    I do too, I would love to see it brought back in as they described in an old survey though.
    TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member

That would be a good way to cash in ;)

I mean, they can't cash in on Halloween again can they?

I wouldn't put it past them to be honest.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited April 2016
    Juana wrote: »
    In TS3, my Sim was ALWAYS the mayor. I loved wearing the sash as well as the random political corruption events that came along with the career.
    I hope TS4 eventually brings back some type of political career, as I think that's a lot different than what we currently have. & man, the stories Simmers could create, reflective of the current political craziness happening all over the world!

Maybe it could come back with an entire theme of "city public servants" (politicians, firefighters, burglaries with police actually responding. And the protestors outside of city hall! I MISS PROTESTING! Maybe with actual "issues" to protest and "laws" to create. (Nothing serious, but like, silly laws and issues to protest.) I really wish they would've tied something like that into "Get To Work," since GTW was kind of a silly name for something that was a mix of a bunch of different themes instead of the title. Maybe they could tie it into a University-themed EP....

Of course, this would be an EP that could probably provide a lot more gameplay after a few more EPs are incorprated...I'd think it'd be really cool to bring back!

I think this may be difficult for them to do in The Sims 4 because the towns are so tiny and obviously geographically far apart. It would be immersion breaking to say your sim is the mayor of all of those tiny towns and kind of pointless for them to be the mayor of a town with a very small amount of sims living there.

• Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I myself think that there should be more than mayor.

How about being an Emperor? :p

Senator Palpatine, is that you?
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I do too, I would love to see it brought back in as they described in an old survey though.
    TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

Same... this idea sounds so good. I dunno if they'll do it though. We are getting restaurants in the new GP too bad they didn't include all these ideas with it.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Wait there was a mayor career in the sims 3? How am I just now finding out about this?
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Juana wrote: »

I think this may be difficult for them to do in The Sims 4 because the towns are so tiny and obviously geographically far apart. It would be immersion breaking to say your sim is the mayor of all of those tiny towns and kind of pointless for them to be the mayor of a town with a very small amount of sims living there.

I don't think it's too crazy of an idea for that reason. Almost every EP comes with a neighborhood that has it's own buildings that don't exist in other neighborhoods unless you edit that town. Sims travel from town to town without any issue in TS4, and it's the Sims. It doesn't necessarily have to be geographically accurate, lol.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I don't play SimCity, but Town Life sounds a little like it. Rule your town! Maybe they are trying to recruit the simcity crowd?

It sounds like fun. I would purchase that expansion.
  • Options
    Wait there was a mayor career in the sims 3? How am I just now finding out about this?

I believe it was called like, the political career and I believe it was like Level 10 where you got to be the mayor.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Is that the career with the fundraising parties at the house? Those were fun.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I am in the mood to build a City Hall, but I want elevators.

I would like it, as an active career.
    But I want them to change something about active careers themselves.

I don't like that the only way to get to them, is by going to Work.

I know it's probably hard to add to the map, but I would like Buildings like City Hall, Police Station/Prison, Fire Station, etc to be on the maps.

Even if those buildings weren't on the map, but more like...in existance. Similar to GTW with the hospital, police station, etc, how we can't see it on the map but we can go there (well it'd be nice to be able to go there even when you weren't going to work.) Or even if there was an entire neighborhood just for an EP like this but you still had the option of new gameplay and pre-built buildings and you can change a lot as you please...
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd love a city hall type career too but a bit more in depth than in previous games, where you have to make decisions that affect the whole town. I like to play with the polarities of politics too, so I'm already planning to use the GT groups to create rival political parties. Some of my current leaders could be seen as being a bit corrupt, so I'll have the 'good' sims protesting and trying to gain more influence. I'd love to have the protests back too.

I'm using Zerbu's Politics mod at the moment, which is brilliant, but I do hope to see some official features added that make this more in-depth. So, I'd like to handle taxes, for example, and to have household bills sent to a city hall coffer that can be used for community projects, social assistance, or used negatively by politicians who like to throw too many champagne parties and fly around in private helicopters. XD