Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build mode Upgrades

MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,
I'm doing some building on a community lot, and it would like The Power to go into camera mode (tab mode) to look at things from different perspectives, while in build mode.

Also the ability to turn lights/candles on and off in build mode.
Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    Hi, Whilst in Build mode you can switch between Camera modes using CTRL & SHIFT & TAB (or just switch camera from the camera controls menu / tool bar)

I agree, the ability to turn lights on and off in build mode would be really useful!!!! When it comes to working on the lighting I generally move a sim into the lot and play the game then just pause the Live mode and then adjust my lighting there. You can flip between Build and Live Modes easily from the menu.
  • Options
    KymarKymar Posts: 29 Member
    1. Stairs that "wrap around" corners and curves
    2. Spiral stairs
    3. Windows and doors that actually co-ordinate
    4. Auto-roof
  • Options
    surfingrocketssurfingrockets Posts: 60 Member
    Totally agree about the lighting, it's annoying have to move a sim in to fix it. I have the same annoyance with the fountain spigots too.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    like how you can it "T" for top view when building.
    you could hit, "F" for floor view, and do things like retexture the ceiling.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    when I'm building...to test the lights...I just change the time of day to Night... that way I can see how they all look. That's the only fix for that I see right now. We definitely need to be able to turn those on and off while in build mode.

surfingrockets, I totally agree about the fountain spigots... so annoying that we can't see those while in build mode.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top