Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You make money to easy.

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member

In the Sims 4, I can't get a decent house till about generation 3- And it's usually just a ranch without uncomfortable furniture.

But, now in The Sims 2....

I'm only on the second generation and I'm over flowing in simoleans! (or however you spell it.)

My first generation, was Edward and Tara. Both maxed out their careers, Edward reaching the top of "natural scientist," working only on Wednesdays, but making 10,000 simoleans every time he worked. Tara made it to the top of the Political career, working five days a week but bringing home around 1200 simoleans a day.

Now, you see, I wasn't over flowing in as much money. They had 6 kids, all living at home, so I was paying for a butler, a maid, and a nanny, plus we were running out of food constantly.

Now on my second generation, I have Connor and Douglas. Connor is Vice President in the business career, bringing home around 1,000 simoleans a day. Douglas is a College Senior Professor, bringing around 1,000 simoleans also.

They only have one son, and the only help I have is a maid and a nanny. The butler just got in the way of everything, and I don't have as much of a mess anymore, and haven't had to bought food ONCE.

I noticed I had to much when I got to about 80k. I built a gym, a music room, a bowling alley, a putt-putt room, an arcade, and basically all of the furniture in the house is the most expensive in the catalog.

I'm overflowing!

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

In TS4 gardening and painting make a lot of money. I earned my Sim a mansion just painting and gardening and collecting during the Easter Egg/Grow fruit challenges. I didn't even play that it a lot.

University Careers make a lot more money- they had time to earn skills and it boosts their job level at the start.

I've played TS2 so long that I don't need help with the kids or house work.

You didn't have to buy food even Once during a whole generation? That's miraculous... unless they had a garden or you bought a new fridge or used energizers all the time. Except kids need the toy oven and they don't need food.

I guess you don't have a family business....

TS4 only has 2 expansions and it's easy to make money. The Sims base game- now that was hard to make money. :lol:
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    I've had the same problem as you @Meepleep I ended up downloading a couple mods, higher bills and lower wages...it makes it more challenging in the beginning but still after awhile it adds up. I've torn down houses and sold furniture and rebuilt entire houses in order to burn threw some of the money.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

In TS4 gardening and painting make a lot of money. I earned my Sim a mansion just painting and gardening and collecting during the Easter Egg/Grow fruit challenges. I didn't even play that it a lot.

University Careers make a lot more money- they had time to earn skills and it boosts their job level at the start.

I've played TS2 so long that I don't need help with the kids or house work.

You didn't have to buy food even Once during a whole generation? That's miraculous... unless they had a garden or you bought a new fridge or used energizers all the time. Except kids need the toy oven and they don't need food.

I guess you don't have a family business....

TS4 only has 2 expansions and it's easy to make money. The Sims base game- now that was hard to make money. :lol:

I did have a business in my TS4, but I got really bored... Considering TS4 is really boring.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited April 2016
    If you spend all of your time focusing on the goals and earning promotions everyday, then yes, it will be super easy.

I guess this is where it kind of depends on what kind of player you are and what is important. I'm a family player so I make sure my sims spend a lot of time together, which means that sometimes they have high skills at catching a ball, but not really at what they need at work. I find that I have to make a choice...they can be workaholics who make it to the top of their career, but not have spent much time with their family or taught them much. If I have them spend a decent amount of time with their families, then they never reach the top of their careers. --this is with no cheating or maxmotives.

As for TS4, you are right, the careers pay very little. But I can go on a collection hunt in TS4 and have hundreds of thousands within 2 weeks. Here's the deal. The game is what you make of it. If you don't want your sims to be millionaires quickly, then stop focusing on what makes them the most money.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Hm. Been playing for years and have found many ways to make it difficult for sims to advance. Guess you just need some imagination to play.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    You could refurnish the house every time with better furniture. That's what I do everytime they get a little bit of money. Buy that Kitchen&Bath Stuff refrigerator and whatnot :D
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    I get fired from every chance card I get. Consider yourself lucky, mate. :wink: