Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Go to Work... Please Help!

So, my Sim lives in Appaloosa Plains and, up until recently, was doing very well working at the hospital. Now, all of a sudden, she won't go to work. The action simply cancels itself with no explanation. Her dream is to be a top surgeon, so this is super frustrating. I've tried a few things, but no luck. I tried quitting her job then joining it again (using a cheat to get her back to the right level) and I've restarted the game. She was able to go once to solve an emergency, but every other time she hasn't been able to go. Now I'm going to go in and see if I replace the lot if that will help, but I'm getting REALLY frustrated at this point. I have no CC or mods, by the way. Nothing is in my game that isn't made by Maxis.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    That type of thing could be due to her work outfit. You might try changing it in CAS.

Since you don't use mods I don't really have any other suggestions.
  • Options
    SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    Work outfit...? Interesting idea, I wouldn't have thought of it. I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    Racha1422Racha1422 Posts: 1 New Member
    Was this ever solved? Because I have the same problem. No mods or cc. I also tried the work outfit fix and my girl still cant go to work. Two of the sims in my house can, and two cant. I can't find any other solutions.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Racha1422 wrote: »
    Was this ever solved? Because I have the same problem. No mods or cc. I also tried the work outfit fix and my girl still cant go to work. Two of the sims in my house can, and two cant. I can't find any other solutions.
    This is for TS3, yes?

If so, try retreating to Edit Town, evict your entire household to the side of the map, copy their residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. Sometimes that kind of reset shakes things loose when they get stuck.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Same problem! But create a sim to change the work outfit just loads and loads and loads. Its doing it with the art appraiser job and my other sim doesn't have the issue.

Will try the reloading household though. I already deleted the cement shoe factory area and reloadung that, unloaded ambitions to try and work around the outfit requirment, so far nothing.

Edit: I just demolished the house and placed a new copy. Now its completely messed up and looks like Im moving.

Edit2: moving to a new town fixed it! I wouldnt have moved to a different town but my new seperate save saved over the old save and I didnt have a choice.
    Post edited by Srich83 on