Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game constantly crashing?

I cannot play the sims 3 any more because of it always crashing. I will get notified when I'm in the middle of create a sim or something and it'll force me to shut it down. I only have NRAAS mods and one or two skin packs and, when I did have a lot of custom content, it didn't crash as much.
Br560.
Playing the sims since 2012

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    My game crashing too and it never really crashed, but I think it has something to with me playing in window mode instead of it taking up my entire computer screen. Try cleaning your caches and deleting those files in the dcback up folder but not the cmerge. That usually helps me when im getting crashing or unresponding problems.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor mod help thanks
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    After many days of play and switching between saves, I will get a crash.
    I clean out the cache files and world cache files to avoid that.

Crinrict tells you how:
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    My game crashing too and it never really crashed, but I think it has something to with me playing in window mode instead of it taking up my entire computer screen. Try cleaning your caches and deleting those files in the dcback up folder but not the cmerge. That usually helps me when im getting crashing or unresponding problems.
    CK213 wrote: »
    After many days of play and switching between saves, I will get a crash.
    I clean out the cache files and world cache files to avoid that.

Crinrict tells you how:
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html

Thank you guys :)
    Br560.
  • Options
    AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    Hi! I'm having the same issue - almost always at the same part of the game or around the same timeframe which is about...10 minutes? I'll have the man move onto an empty lot by himself and have him go to the park to earn some tips by playing guitar. I rarely ever get past that because it crashes. I reset the town and cleaned the caches even saved another file, but it still crashes.
  • Options
    AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    Oh and if it helps any - I did recently download a lot tattoos from Gelsims.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    AJbackst wrote: »
    Oh and if it helps any - I did recently download a lot tattoos from Gelsims.

I would think the first logical step would be to remove the tattoos, delete cache and thumbnail files and see if your game still crashes. Or were they installed from Sims3Pack files through the launcher?
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    This is a catch-all thread? It's possible, likely even, that everyone here is experiencing totally different issues.

Those of you whose games are crashing now, but didn't used to: If clearing caches and removing recently added CC and mods don't help, the next step in troubleshooting is to try starting a new game. If you can play that one trouble-free for a while, then you know the problem is something back in your ongoing game(s).

And if that's no help either, then it's time for the Clean Folder Test. Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to create a new one on its next launch. You will have no downloaded content, worlds, sims, mods, or saved games at all, but they will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. As a test, see if you can get a new game in an EA world known to be gentle to play like Sunset Valley, Riverview, or Twinbrook. If that works well, you can then decide if you want to keep the new game folder and begin adding your content back to it until you get to a point where maybe your older ongoing saves are playable again.

Playing in windowed mode:
    This will make a tremendous difference if you have a higher end video card that is relying upon vsync or the equivalent to limit its frame rate. Vsync does not work in windowed mode and an unlimited frame rate is a good way to end up with a damaged video card/system.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This is a catch-all thread? It's possible, likely even, that everyone here is experiencing totally different issues.

Those of you whose games are crashing now, but didn't used to: If clearing caches and removing recently added CC and mods don't help, the next step in troubleshooting is to try starting a new game. If you can play that one trouble-free for a while, then you know the problem is something back in your ongoing game(s).

And if that's no help either, then it's time for the Clean Folder Test. Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to create a new one on its next launch. You will have no downloaded content, worlds, sims, mods, or saved games at all, but they will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. As a test, see if you can get a new game in an EA world known to be gentle to play like Sunset Valley, Riverview, or Twinbrook. If that works well, you can then decide if you want to keep the new game folder and begin adding your content back to it until you get to a point where maybe your older ongoing saves are playable again.

Playing in windowed mode:
    This will make a tremendous difference if you have a higher end video card that is relying upon vsync or the equivalent to limit its frame rate. Vsync does not work in windowed mode and an unlimited frame rate is a good way to end up with a damaged video card/system.

thank you!
    Br560.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    One thing you might want to check on is if your computer's hard drive is full because mine got too full recently and I've had to clean some files out by moving them to an external hard drive.I've still got some more files to move over before the cleaning is done.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg