Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 2- Does adoption help the "Have ten kids" want?

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
The title says it all.

If you need a backstory:

My sims are elders, with 5 kids, two dead, (killed them off, they were just taking up room, and i wasnt going to do anything with them) one is married, and the other two I just recently adopted because life has been pretty boring for them.

I just moved them off into an apartment, because I really like them an I want them to spent the rest of their days with each other and their new kids. (I've been keeping them alive with Elixr of Life.)

The father has the "Have ten kids" want... But, they can't have kids.

Now, adopting didn't work for "have a baby" (It does in Sims 3 and 4, not 2 though) but would it work for have ten kids?

I don't want to adopt 3 more kids just for it not to work.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    I think it does if the father calls the adoption, but I'm not positive.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I think it does if the father calls the adoption, but I'm not positive.

That's very interesting to know.

I'm just grateful that my Sim went from wanting 10 kids (after having 5) to now having a fear of having another baby, lol.
  • Options
    I have a same sex couple call adoption and it fulfilled their want to have a baby. I don't know why it didn't fill your want to have a baby, but whoever has the want is the one I think is supposed to do the calling to the adoption agency...but the adoption child is considered child to both parents in the relationship panel and family tree.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Meepleep
    Was is actually a baby that was adopted as opposed to a toddler or a child?
    If it was a toddler or child, that could be the reason the want to "Have a Baby" was not satisfied.
    To satisfy the want to "Have 10 Children" will still be fulfilled regardless of the age the child is adopted.
    Sometimes it can be easier for the family to adopt a child, especially if they are Elders and you want them to see their child grow up before they die. :(
  • Options
    @Meepleep
    Was is actually a baby that was adopted as opposed to a toddler or a child?
    If it was a toddler or child, that could be the reason the want to "Have a Baby" was not satisfied.
    To satisfy the want to "Have 10 Children" will still be fulfilled regardless of the age the child is adopted.
    Sometimes it can be easier for the family to adopt a child, especially if they are Elders and you want them to see their child grow up before they die. :(

Yes it was a baby.
  • Options
    I have a same sex couple call adoption and it fulfilled their want to have a baby. I don't know why it didn't fill your want to have a baby, but whoever has the want is the one I think is supposed to do the calling to the adoption agency...but the adoption child is considered child to both parents in the relationship panel and family tree.

It's different for same sex couples. their married child is in a same sex relationship and their want is to call the adoption agency not have a baby.

Although I used the generic merger to get them pregnant and have a biological baby

• Options
    From my understanding "have a baby" want regardless if it's a same sex couple or male/female couple can be fulfilled either by adoption or pregnancy. If it hasn't for you maybe it was a temporary glitch.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Meepleep
    In your Sim's Memories, is adopting the baby one of the memories?
    If it is (and it should be), then the Lifetime Want will be satisfied once your Sim has had 10 children.
    Is your Sims2 game patched up-to-date?