Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Devs, Can this be done in the future?

joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This is not a feedback, "bash" or idea thread, but to ask the developers what certain things can be added to the game, as there are certain things (like lounge chairs or more beards) that can not be added or are more difficult to make due to the game engine.
  • L and U shaped stairs.
  • Different heights of foundations (maybe 3?) in a single house.
  • Different styles and sizes of cribs for babies.
  • It was confirmed that it's impossible to add neighborhoods to the worlds, so I wonder if you can add lots to neighborhoods (I have seen some empty spaces in Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade).

Is there anything else you would like to ask? :).
SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
Post edited by joseiloaizach on

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Different sized walls on the same level.
    Bunk beds.
    Ability to transfer the baby-object to another object like a floormat, stroller.
    Ability to edit community lots.
    Garage doors. Even though we don't have cars, I always used the garage as a work out room, laundry room, work area type of place.
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Why can't more beards be added? Sounds silly to me.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Nette wrote: »

I could have sworn they added a new beard in myself just a short while ago.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2016
    Gruffman wrote: »

Yep. There are new beards in Get Together. It was never said that beards couldn't be added; only that it was more complex than in previous versions of the game.

EDIT: I definitely want L-shaped stairs, split-levelling, and to be able to build a shed that's not on a foundation when the house is on a foundation. I also want to be able to slope the land on a lot so that I can have walk-out basements, but I want it to be easy to do that without messed-up routing or weird joins at lot edges. Plus I want to be able to open windows.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Yep. There are new beards in Get Together. It was never said that beards couldn't be added; only that it was more complex than in previous versions of the game.

Oh, thanks for the clarification :).

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'd like washing machines back and of course the Toddlers.
    I'd like to be able to make different levels in the same room and different stairs like spiral ladders, and half stairs for different levels. and L shaped stairs.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Oh, thanks for the clarification :).

Oh yeah - totally with you by the way on wanting to know what actually can't be done. Then I can stop wishing for those things and put my energy into wanting things that are possible :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I want different level foundations on the same lot SO bad, like to have a step up gazebo but the house flat, or vice versa to have a house on foundation but garage type structure flat.

I would also like the ability to do L shaped stairs.

This is something small but I think it would be cool to put photos sims take on a table/top of the fireplace instead of just the wall (like the small watercolors sit).

Biggest thing I'm wondering (besides pets) if it's possible to add other vacation spots, since now 'take vacation' just let's you go to granite falls and camp.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    I want different level foundations on the same lot SO bad, like to have a step up gazebo but the house flat, or vice versa to have a house on foundation but garage type structure flat.

I would also like the ability to do L shaped stairs.

This is something small but I think it would be cool to put photos sims take on a table/top of the fireplace instead of just the wall (like the small watercolors sit).

Biggest thing I'm wondering (besides pets) if it's possible to add other vacation spots, since now 'take vacation' just let's you go to granite falls and camp.

I would also like to place photos above shelves and other surfaces, and to change the color of the frames!

I think they can add more vacation spots, since they did a separate menu for destination worlds.