Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Choosing Gender of Baby?

SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
I was just wondering if there's a way to make my Sim have a baby girl? She's now got FOUR boys and I want a girl! Or do I just have to keep getting her pregnant until she dies?

Comments

• Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2016
    Save the game just before she goes into labor and if she doesn't have a girl you can exit the house without saving and reload. Gender is determined at birth and not before...so as long as you save the game before she goes into labor and keep reloading the house eventually you will get the gender you want.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    OH, OK! Thanks! I'll give it one more go then!
  • Options
    Well, my Sim is pregnant AGAIN, so this time I'm going to do as you suggested and when she really shows her pregnancy, I'll save the game so that if she gives birth to another boy, I can try and go back and have her re-give birth until she has that girl. I already put a huge room together for the girl for when she does arrive so that she can be completely spoiled. In the meantime, I think I've FINALLY managed to get things under control with the other four (well, three really, since the oldest is child-aged, and I just have to make sure he either orders a pizza or someone cooks for him from time to time, lol. Oh, he went from a D in school, to an A+! Yay! So, I'm ready to have him become a teen. He'll be my first since I've never let the kids get to be teens). Once she has her girl, that's the LAST baby! Then I'll let the three grow into toddlers together. And then my parent Sims (Joan and Byron) can get back to focusing on their careers and re-make the friends they've lost these last few days, lol. I'm so cruel to them.

The kids' names are Petey (oldest), Jeremy (current toddler), and the two youngest, Charlie and David.

Oh, and I had the problem with the nanny again, only this time she got stuck in front of the fridge. Thankfully from everyone's help from earlier, I was able to go in and delete her and reload the game and it's been fine since (so far). AND, I finally started getting more than one nanny. They really are terrible about prioritizing though, aren't they? I just don't understand why they continuously let the kids sit in stinky diapers so they can feed the kids instead, or feed the kids instead of putting them to bed, or WORST OF ALL, wake the sleeping kids (this seems to happen the most with Jeremy, but one of them woke one of the babies up and I thought she'd done it to either feed the kid or change his diaper, but no, she did it so that she could just move him to a different crib. Seriously???) so that they can sit him on the floor, then pick him up and take him downstairs to feed him (when his meter shows he's not even really hungry), while his meter level is SCREAMING for sleep!!! UGH! I really am looking forward to letting poor Jeremy become a child like Petey! Poor kid!
  • Options
    Nannies are the worst.

You have more than one nanny coming a day? You should only have 1 nanny at a time.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    They've been overlapping in shifts because Joan is so tired all the time, and Byron is usually off at work, that I have Joan or Byron call the nanny service to send someone out immediately, and so the immediate nanny comes out, and when it's time for Joan to go to work, the regularly scheduled nanny arrives, and they overlap for a while until the immediate one finally leaves. It's actually been really helpful having more than one at a time with Jeremy always into something, and the two babies always needing feeding or a diaper changed.

I'm still loving your signature. It's just awesome, lol.
  • Options
    That's makes sense now. Glad it's working out for you. :)
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I don't know if the "boolprop makeitagirl/boy false/true" cheat has officially been disproven or not but sometimes I still type it in just in case ;) I typed in yesterday "boolprop makeitagirl false" so she would have a boy. For all I know she could have just been going to have a boy anyways and it was coincidence. But I don't suppose it can hurt any.
  • Options
    Well, I thought I really messed things up a little while ago! I've got the aging off because I usually want as much time to develop each Sim as possible, and I had Joan in the middle of stuff, and something popped up in the little bubble things at the top of the screen indicating Byron (her husband) wanted something from Joan, and so without looking properly until it was too late (I was really annoyed at the inconveniences of people in the game who kept trying to interrupt her, because I was desperately trying to keep her meters filled since she's really pregnant) and I "x'd" out of Byron receiving the baby!

I was like, "OH BLEEP!!!!" as that also apparently stopped her from having the baby. So I thought about how Cinebar had mentioned in another thread that they can't have their babies if the aging is off (which has not happened to me, since Joan's already had four kids that way, lol) but I panicked and turned the aging on. Well, it took another "24 hours" (Sim time of course, lol) and she's had her baby, and guess what?! IT'S A GIRL! And I didn't have to do anything! YAY!!! I've named her Julie. Thankfully I had Byron call a nanny in during the night so Joan could sleep and be rested in case she did have the baby in the morning (which she did), and could have breakfast and be generally in good spirits to receive the baby and thankfully she was due to the nanny and Byron looking after the other kids. Petey just went to school, and Jeremy will turn into a child at "6pm" tonight (Sim time), one of the babies (I'm bad, I forget which one, lol) will turn into a toddler. And since I want Julie to become a toddler at the very least soon, I'm leaving the aging on, which I wouldn't normally do. But with so many kids in the house, having them all be at least toddlers is the best thing, lol. But this is the LAST baby in the family! Geeze, I'm not even a kid person! Lol

@cleo00: I'm glad you got the boy you wanted. I'm nervous about using that boolprop thing after everything I've been reading around here regarding it causing eventual corruption of the game, so I'd rather do as @Summerbear5 suggested and save the game just before the Sim gives birth (and I feel so $tupid for not thinking of it myself!!! lol)

I'm just really glad she FINALLY had her baby girl!
  • Options
    @Sataidelennn Congrats on your girl, Julie is a cute name!
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    @Summerbear5: Thank you! I'm so happy the baby making and having is FINALLY done! lol. I mean, I know it's just a game, but my goodness, I'm being run ragged! lol