Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child Stuck Aging

I have a child stuck, not wanting to age, yet it's her birthday. I have Nraas MC, and I've tried triggering the age, but it just has a brief moment to celebrate, then it goes away. I can't take her into CAS either.

I come across this glitch a few times in my 100 baby challenge, but it's been so long I don't remember how I aged them up. Can anyone help?
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Since you already have MasterController, try doing an MC Reset on the sim. Overwatch tends to be on the lookout for age stuck sims and fixes them as it finds them, but that can take a sim day or two to happen by itself.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I reset her with MC and it completely changed her looks but didn't allow her to age up or go into CAS. But I didn't give it a day or two, either. I just reverted back to my earlier save, the day before her birthday and aged her in CAS before her birthday happened.

I have overwatch and my alchemy consignment store clerk has been stuck on aging (both in this save and in the last save in a different town) through pretty much 6 sim years (1 year = 1 full set of seasons/7 days a season). It gives me the notice every night at 3am, but it's never aged them up yet.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Good idea on the reverting and doing the age up yourself. That issue can be really stubborn sometimes.

Role Sims like store clerks are a bit different. OW will detect and report on their being age stuck, but often cannot grab them away from their assigned stations to force the birthday and sometimes doing so will make them unable to continue working in those slots such as if they were about to become an elder. The Register mod tends to help, but this still happens sometimes. I usually subtract a whole bunch of days from their age with MC (MC Cheats module required) if I wanted them to stay on duty or get rid of them with Total Annihilation (TA) if I had no idea who they were anyway and let a new one be assigned.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I have another issue with mods (it's actually with Nraas, but I have another mod, too, so it can be a conflict) but I'd like to message you privately about it. Would that be okay @igazor?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I have another issue with mods (it's actually with Nraas, but I have another mod, too, so it can be a conflict) but I'd like to message you privately about it. Would that be okay @igazor?

Of course.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I have never, ever been able to find a fix for this. I usually have to abandon the game. Yes, I use Overwatch but once the birthday happens and no age up, it's like the sim doesn't exist to the game. I went 5 sim days after the birthday and no age up. The best I have done to prevent it is to not take toddlers, kids, or teens into CAS using cheats. If you ever figure out how to fix this glitch, please let me know! <3
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I have encountered age stuck sims, the ones I am actively playing but more commonly inactives and NPCs, many dozens of times. I have always been able to fix them with some combination of MasterController and DebugEnabler commands or just letting Overwatch do its thing. At the very least (not the best solution) I bring them into MC's version of CAS and bump their age up myself, if it's possible to get them in. The resulting sim may glitch and produce some errors for a bit, but they usually sort themselves out.

Sometimes the old fashioned trick of evicting the household in Edit Town, making a copy of their residential lot, bulldozing the original, placing a copy, and moving everyone back in also helps.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Hmmm, I never thought about evicting, saving, bulldozing, and putting them back. I will definitely try that next time. It used to happen in my game A LOT until I stopped using cheats to bring them into CAS and just used the mirror and dresser instead. Thank you, @igazor <3
  • Options
    Back a couple years ago when I was doing my 100 baby challenge, I often came across that glitch. What I was able to gather, it was from using CC on child female sims (it never effected my male child sims). I don't use cheats to take sims into CAS unless MC is considered a cheat in the games eyes, because I always only use MC CAS to change clothes/hairstyles.

I did find a solution, in the past, but with my age... memory isn't the best.

This time, I did try evict the household. At which point, the little girl was missing from the portrait. Then I couldn't put them back in a house. I didn't try saving them or bulldozing the lot (wish I had thought of that). I ended up just reverting back to a older save (How I save is: Save as Same name with either A, B, C, or D at the end. That gives me four older saves to go to if glitches occur and if I'm trying something different that I might not like or want the results I use A1, B1, C1,D1 etc), then the day before her birthday I took her in CAS with MC and turned her into a teen. Since, when she was glitched, there was no way to take her in CAS... neither thru MC or cheats.

If I happen to remember what I did, or if it happens again (cause I worry with her YA birthday coming up in a couple days) and I find a solution, I'll post it here.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    That's interesting about the CC. Mine would always glitch on the toddlers. I think it only glitched on a child and teen once, but toddlers OMG, constantly. Around the same time I went back to the mirror dresser route instead of edit sim, I had recently uninstalled and reinstalled my game. In that process, I decided not to readd any CC for toddlers and very little for children and teens so I haven't been using it and have only had the glitch happen once, since. I had read someone else's theory on here as well of not aging the toddler up in CAS to see what they look like grown up and aging them back down again (and I admit, I did that every single time) so I stopped doing that as well.

It's so frustrating when it happens! Especially, if I really like the family, lol.
  • Options
    Now that is interesting, cause I did age my child sim up as a toddler to see what she'd look like when she got older and aged her back down. I'll make sure not to do that anymore (oh, man, is that going to be hard).

I agree, very frustrating! In this save, I'm playing an Ultimate Sim challenge... it will continue on for 20 generations, at the end of which I will have to bring everyone back from the dead and make them young again. I have to have a child each generation, and it would really stink to lose one or the family to this glitch.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    FranWFranW Posts: 13 New Member
    I know, 2 uears on - My child sim was stuck, she could not sleep, she bounced off the bed, she could not age, the game would crash. I tried NRass but the other sims were frozen but she could do most other things. I decided just to play her anyway. Until tonight, I took the whole family to France and there she changed back into a normal playable sim. I took no chances and saved the game immediaetly with a new name. Then I decided to return home. It worked. I let it play for 2 sim days and then joy of joy she aged up. Thank you to France.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    I have had a sim stuck aging too. There was one who was really stuck and no matter what I did she wouldn't resume aging. So I used master controller to make the whole town to stop aging and then changed it back to make the whole town age and that fixed her. She's aged properly ever since.
  • Options
    AnkieACAnkieAC Posts: 24 Member
    My toddler sim was also stuck on aging, i bought her so many cakes but she refused to age, i could still take her to cas though so i just changed her into a child
  • Options
    iddediddeiddedidde Posts: 1 New Member
    @igazor thank you for the tip for MC reset - I was finally able to age my stuck ones in my large saves. I don't know why I never thought that before but now I do and my day (and saves) are saved lol :smile: Also, sorry for waking up a very old post. Just had to thank you.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Jozhav8w6cxlwm5.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top