Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S3PE & Delphy Extracter

Not sure were to place this question. I know how to use s3pe and delphy extracter but what i am confused about is when you turn a sim from a sim3pack to a package file which one is the sim? When I extracted the sim3pack I got multiply files that game out instead of one, I'm sure one of them is the sim but I'm just not sure which it is. The sim does have cc so I'm gussing the other files are the CC on the sim, would the package with the highest number be the sim while the packages with the lowest number be the cc? Thank you
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, those extra files are CC. I ran into the same thing some months back. Basically you need to open each extracted file with S3PE and the one that's the Sim's file will have an entry for personality traits, name, etc. It also helps to know that a .sim file is in the neighborhood of 450 kb in size so check the file closest to that size first and you'll probably have found the Sim. Then once you do have the file found change the package extension to sim, drop it into your SavedSims folder and you should be good to go.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    Yeah, those extra files are CC. I ran into the same thing some months back. Basically you need to open each extracted file with S3PE and the one that's the Sim's file will have an entry for personality traits, name, etc. It also helps to know that a .sim file is in the neighborhood of 450 kb in size so check the file closest to that size first and you'll probably have found the Sim. Then once you do have the file found change the package extension to sim, drop it into your SavedSims folder and you should be good to go.

Thank you!
    giphy.gif

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    You're welcome! :smiley:
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)