Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this laptop good for sims 3

JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
Hiya Simmers,

I'm looking at getting a new laptop and been eyeing this one up for a while. I think it's good to play sims but i'm no good with knowing whats a good graphic card, so if you guys could take a quick look at all the specs and let me know, it would be great :)

'[EDIT]

I have all expansions and most of the stuff packs and would use store content'

It's the Toshiba Satellite P70-B-11P, 17.3inch
Windows 10,
Processor- i7-4720HQ Processor, Quad Core, 2.6/3.6GHz with turbo boost, 6MB Cache
Memory- 16GB (DDR3 - what does this mean?) RAM
Graphics- AMD Radeon R9 M365X, 4GB
Storage- 2TB HDD, 5400rpm

Thanks (L)
Post edited by JENiiEY on

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    are you playing the whole game? all eps, do you use CC? If so the only issue I have is the video card . Nvidia is better for laptops than AMD on video cards and this just for example the GTX 960m card is better than AMD r9 360x http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-M365X-vs-GeForce-GTX-960M

16 gb ram means the computer has16 gb ram , The game needs 4gb ram to run on its own , you need extra ram to run windows, origin and other programs. 8gb ram would be fine for this game unless you are a multi tasker and keep a lot of apps open at the same time han you might need 16 gb ram.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    For that price you would be better of with this . Its custom has a newer processor than the laptop you posted , a gtx 970 m card 1tb hard drive with 8gb ram http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/1040055

PS if you have a slightly higher budget I can add a second hard drive to this laptop. The game runs better on SSD than HDD hardrive. The SSD will load the game and windows a lot quicker if your saves are large
  • Options
    JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    @phoebebebe13 hiya, sorry should have added more info! I have all eps and most sps, also own quite a lot of the store so would only use that (no cc)

I have been torn between the toshiba and the asus n552vw which has a graphics card like the one you mentioned.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    JENiiEY wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 hiya, sorry should have added more info! I have all eps and most sps, also own quite a lot of the store so would only use that (no cc)

I have been torn between the toshiba and the asus n552vw which has a graphics card like the one you mentioned.

The asus is a much better choice still it only has 128 gb ssd which is not enough to run the sims on . You need at least 250 gb or more with SSD because windows will also be on that drive. If you dont mind running the game on hdd on your second hard drive and not using the ssd for the game the asus is good .

There are a lot of people that own custom cyberpower in here. Me included. I have two custom cyberpower desktops in my house.

I did another configuration custom 500 gb ssd plus 1tb hdd , 16 gb ram, GTX 970 (better than the 960) . With this you will be able to run the game on ultra and on ssd which will make a big difference than playing on hdd. This would be better than both computers you posted ----1129 pounds BRB the save link did no take Have to redo the link

here is the custom saved link http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/1040084