Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't figure out why they have a three bolt attraction, do you have any idea?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
The couple I'm playing at the moment is Darren Dreamer and Brandi Broke. At this point in my game, Brandi just had her third child, is engaged to Darren, and she and her sons are living with him. They are waiting for a Saturday to get married.

12821338_571412053009094_6527221626330575326_n.jpg?oh=dfe88bbd2934685b3c1e3ee9b2101bb0&oe=575874A6

Now every time I have played this pair they have only been at a two bolt attraction towards each other, but in this game save they are three. Now don't get me wrong I do love playing couples that have a three bolt attraction, but I can't figure out why it is different in this game save. Someone mentioned that maybe it is their turn on and turn offs, but ...well here is their stats.

Darren Dreamer's Turn On's are Make Up, and Red Hair, and his Turn Off is Creative.
Brandi Broke's Turn On's are Fitness, and Red Hair, and her Turn Off is Stink.

Now Darren does fill the Fitness part of her Turn On. Both are an Aries, he is a Knowledge Sim and she is a Family Sim. I think it is a bit odd that his turn off is Creative, since he is into painting. Any ideas why their attraction is so much stronger that normal?

Comments

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    They usually have a three bolt attraction in my game, rarely two bolts. I've always thought it had something to do with the combination of their aspirations, zodiac signs and the turn ons. I'm not sure why you've mostly had a two bolt between them and now a three. What I can't remember is if turn offs & turn ons are always the same for pre-made sims that were created prior to Nightlife, or if it's random for them. If it's random, maybe in your previous games, their turn ons & offs might have contributed to a lower attraction score (like if Darren had a turn off for black hair or Brandi for a high Creative skill). That's the only thing I could think of.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I believe it goes farther than just attractions and turn offs. Just from my observations, their aspirations (both primary and secondary), their zodiac, and their interests all appear to play a part in how many bolts sims have toward each other. Attractions and Turn offs are only part of the equation.

Try checking their interests the next time they only have 2 bolts, or check to see where their aspiration points are, as romantics who have used up all their aspiration benefit points will be more attractive to sims overall opposed to a romantic who has not used their points.

There are cases that no matter what I tweak between two sims, they just won't be attracted to each other, and then I later find out they simply have no interests in common. There are so many things that play a part in this aspect that it's very impressively complex.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    As far as his turn off being creativity.. I would look at it as maybe he has self esteem issues and doesn't want a partner that is more creative than he is. I like to think of reasons why my Sims have the turn ons and offs that they do. I rarely ever change them unless someone has a turn on for something like full face paint or something... No clown fetishes allowed in my game. :P
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    My sims almost never have 3 bolts with anyone :O I'd see this as an accomplishment!
  • Options
    As far as his turn off being creativity.. I would look at it as maybe he has self esteem issues and doesn't want a partner that is more creative than he is. I like to think of reasons why my Sims have the turn ons and offs that they do. I rarely ever change them unless someone has a turn on for something like full face paint or something... No clown fetishes allowed in my game. :P

Hehe. I use full face makeup for a spattering of freckles on my fair sims, so I leave the full face make up attraction as it is. ;) The only time I may change their attractions is when a sim desperately wants to get married and I start to feel sorry for them because they have no attractions with other sims. This usually happens sometime halfway through their adult stage. For the most part, I just play with what the game rolls for them.

On that note, I just had a sim turn to elder, and he rolled a want for his first kiss and to woohoo. Boy, did I feel bad all the sudden!

He never had an attraction to anyone and he never rolled a want to get married, and I kind of forgot about his mortality. Oh well, 40 year-old-virgin, I guess it is...
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited March 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Hehe. I use full face makeup for a spattering of freckles on my fair sims, so I leave the full face make up attraction as it is. ;) The only time I may change their attractions is when a sim desperately wants to get married and I start to feel sorry for them because they have no attractions with other sims. This usually happens sometime halfway through their adult stage. For the most part, I just play with what the game rolls for them.

On that note, I just had a sim turn to elder, and he rolled a want for his first kiss and to woohoo. Boy, did I feel bad all the sudden!

He never had an attraction to anyone and he never rolled a want to get married, and I kind of forgot about his mortality. Oh well, 40 year-old-virgin, I guess it is...

Aww, I think I would feel bad too if I had an elder roll those wants. Poor guy, never was interested in a relationship but now that he's old he is suddenly having regrets and wants to do something about it. I love little scenarios like that in Sims games.

Also, I feel like the lifespans in Sims 2 are just too short. I've always played on long lifespans in 3 and 4. I know there's elixir of life but that doesn't help for toddlers and children. I'm wondering if there's a mod that increases lifespan? I'm asking because I've been thinking about reinstalling Sims 2 lately, haven't played it for almost 7 years! I guess I could just keep aging off and age them when I'm ready if there is no mod available.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Aww, I think I would feel bad too if I had an elder roll those wants. Poor guy, never was interested in a relationship but now that he's old he is suddenly having regrets and wants to do something about it. I love little scenarios like that in Sims games.

Also, I feel like the lifespans in Sims 2 are just too short. I've always played on long lifespans in 3 and 4. I know there's elixir of life but that doesn't help for toddlers and children. I'm wondering if there's a mod that increases lifespan? I'm asking because I've been thinking about reinstalling Sims 2 lately, haven't played it for almost 7 years! I guess I could just keep aging off and age them when I'm ready if there is no mod available.

There are several mods to adjust lifespans. Many are on MTS. My favourite is one that switches the elder and adult lifestages. I've been using it ever since it was made available to us. It's just right for me, which is why I'm suddenly worried about poor Johnny Highwind. His elder stage has been shortened because of this mod. All his life, he was a knowledge sim. He'd been abducted and had a few children from the PTs. And now I'm suddenly realizing the poor guy had never kissed anyone or had someone special in his life, and he's rolling wants for those things now. To make matters worse, he lives with his sister who's also never found anyone. Such a sad fate.

Of course, I could use elixir. But that would go against my rules that could always be broken if it suits me. >:)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use a Mod from MTS that allows aging to be turned off for age groups or it can be turned on for other groups.That can lenthen the lifespans very effectively.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg