Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lots with over 1,000 downloads disappear?

So I've noticed this for the past two weeks, and I'm entirely sure it isn't just my internet connection causing the problem. I have uploaded 3 different lots to the gallery in the past few months, and I've noticed that as soon as they reach above 1,000 downloads, they disappear from the gallery list. Mind you, they are still on the gallery if you specifically search for them, but they disappear from the "most popular" filtered list. It's not just my lots either, apparently any lot that reaches above 1,000 downloads is removed from the "most popular" list.

Strangely enough, any lot above 2,000 downloads remains on the list.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but it really discourages me from building more lots, if I know it's just going to disappear after a certain point. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    They disappear at 1,000 and reappear at 2,000? That's odd indeed. Maybe they did that to give new lots a chance and once it hits 2,000 it has proven to deserve a special status?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I think the gallery is just buggy right now. I was noticing a gap on the "Popular Now" tab where lots between about 110-400 downloads were missing. I exited the game, and when I re-logged a while later, the missing lots showed up. I've seen this sort of thing happen in the past too. I'm guessing that a server probably needs a reboot somewhere; I do not think it is any kind of intentional coding but just a glitch.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    grod4Lgrod4L Posts: 129 Member
    @BryonyRae I thought that at first, but it's been consistently like that for over a month now, every time I go on the gallery. Refreshing, trying it a few hours later, every time it's still the same. And the rate of downloads has dropped significantly since I noticed it, so I'm assuming it's the same for everyone else too. Ah well.
  • Options
    I wish I could verify what you're seeing @grod4L, but when I browse the Gallery, the Most Popular tab won't let me go below ~4k downloads. It takes a lot of time just to scroll down that far, so I'd guess that even if there are gaps further down, it wouldn't be affecting anyone's downloads too much, as I just can't image a lot of people taking the time to browse the entire list.

What I wish EA would do is to add a "Popular This Month" selection, like we used to have in the TS3 Exchange. With "Popular Now," the majority of builds disappear just when they are starting to get some traction. Only the first 10-15 or so really have a chance to take off within that single week, and several of them don't even reach 2k. It's too bad, because some really great work is getting buried.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @BryonyRae Forgive me, I forgot to clarify. When I choose a specific lot size - in this case 64x64 - it stops at 1,000 and resumes at 2,000. If all lots sizes are shown, it wouldn't show up that way.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Ah, I see, yes, I can confirm. When filtering by lot size and selecting "Most Popular," there are some very big gaps where lots are not appearing. I've also noticed that the download numbers aren't always in order, i.e. you might see an 11k download show up before a 12k. I think @SimGuruDrake should be made aware of this, so I'm tagging her.

Edit: And "Most Popular" seems to be bugged right now even without any lot size selections. Download numbers out of order and a big gap between 29k and 53k where nothing is showing up.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Ah, I see, yes, I can confirm. When filtering by lot size and selecting "Most Popular," there are some very big gaps where lots are not appearing. I've also noticed that the download numbers aren't always in order, i.e. you might see an 11k download show up before a 12k. I think @SimGuruDrake should be made aware of this, so I'm tagging her.

Edit: And "Most Popular" seems to be bugged right now even without any lot size selections. Download numbers out of order and a big gap between 29k and 53k where nothing is showing up.

Thank you for pinging me. I've sent this along to our QA team to investigate.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake Thanks so much for acknowledging this issue! :)