Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The year ahead for Sims 4!

Hi All

I thought I'd create a thread where we can talk about what your hopes for the current sims game!

____

I'd personally love to see the developers bring well defined and strong themes that haven't really been added to the franchise yet. I'd love to see the stuff, game and expansion packs show more detailed build/buy objects and more gameplay objects.

For example; I'd love to have my sim be able to use more build/buy objects (stationery etc).

Windenburg is such a beautiful world and I'd love to have more worlds as detailed in future!

I'd also like more vacation worlds so my sims can actually not go camping all the time!
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I'm hoping for more cultural diversity in stuff packs.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm hoping for a gamepack that adds playable careers if you have 'Get to Work' installed. And for stuffpacks that add more kid stuff.
    It would also be nice to get an expansion pack that focuses more on family play. That or some kind of school related expansion pack. I know someone made a mod for it, but I'd much rather have an official active school game play, where we can follow our kids, teens or young adults to school or university.

And think about it, with the way worlds are set up in sims 4, we could have our kids who live in a university town, go home to mom and dad during the weekend, without interrupting gameplay. Or have our parents visit the kids when they're going to college
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'm hoping for more cultural diversity in stuff packs.

Same here, I'd like to get a few stuff packs that centre around different countries in the world, similarly to some of the TS3 store packs.

I'd also like to see curved walls in the game because I don't think that's ever been a thing.

I also want a recipe for key lime pie...
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Mostly, I just want toddlers. There are a lot of other things I'd enjoy, but I'd be happy if the only thing we got this year was toddlers.

• Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    Top 3 4 things I would like to see..
    Definitely Seasons
    More Playable Careers
    Differently themed Vacation Worlds

Oh, and an *Option* to turn off NPC/Townie Spamming Spawning. :grimace::+1:
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Definitely Seasons
    More Playable Careers

There is one. Go to gameplay, uncheck npc/Townie fills homes.
  • Options
    Unique_LaShaeUnique_LaShae Posts: 7 New Member
    I would love to see a generation pack and more for kids to do. The going out is fun for YA and up but can we have more kid activities (catch, swing sets, tree houses etc.). I also really miss open world. I know people say it caused lagging in sims 3 but i like idea of being able to have one sim at work (doctor, science, or detective) but also playing my sims that are still home too.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I would like an Asian inspired world, they did Windenburg beautifully. I hope they continue this. :)
  • Options
    koopkoop Posts: 7 New Member
    I think toddlers are definitely a necessity, it's a shame we still don't have them :disappointed:. The open world system in sims 3 probably is not a possibility but it would be nice to at least have a mini open-world option in neighbourhoods. Even being able to travel between those 4-5 lots is better. :smile: Oh, I loved the celebrity system(+ vampires!) in Late Night EP and all of Island Paradise EP in Sims 3 so I'l love to have something similar to them here :blush:
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    allieb312 wrote: »
    Definitely Seasons
    More Playable Careers

There is one. Go to gameplay, uncheck npc/Townie fills homes.
    All that option does is exactly what it says, It allows or prevents NPC/Townies from filling empty homes.
    It doesn't prevent the game from generating an unnecessary amount of *Homeless, not in world* NPC/Townies.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited March 2016
    I think a gamepack with another vacation world would be a great way to bring cultural diversity in the game. You could have asian, middle eastern or even south american (something like mayan ruins) vacation worlds, that could bring multiple objects, clothing and hairstyles from different cultures.
    So far, Gurus have been creating quite unique expansions. They are a combination of what we've seen and haven't seen, together creating a unique experience. Whatever they do, I just hope they add more stuff for children in it, because the expansions had very little content for children. I must admit tho, I would love to see toddlers, vampires and pre-teens this year.
  • Options
    kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    I'd love Generations, and also Pets!; I miss having a pet with my single sim. They could add so much more, like farmer, vet and zoo keeper, dog walker and pet groomer careers. Would be so fun.
    Late Night was great, they have already added nightclubs with the get together, but I miss apartment buildings, with the worlds not being so much open, and very little lot rooms, would be cool if more than one sim or family could live on the same lot without having to live together.

And of course, toddlers! With prams, learning to walk and talk, and I always loved the babysitter career.
    May we all chill like wizards
  • Options
    Bhawkins0402Bhawkins0402 Posts: 75 Member
    i'm really hoping for an expanded vacations pack, similar to sims 2 with elements of sims 3 island paradise where you can own your own hotel, etc. I'd also really love to see a university pack. i really liked sending my young adult sims to college to get a leg up on their career when they started.