Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fashion Pickiness

It's sad really, but my inner pickiness is coming out, and it kind of goes along with CASt...

screen_shot_2016_01_26_at_12_39_15_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9pekld.png

I really like this top,however it's the wrong shade of red for my taste. and I don't like the blue button up underneath.
First of all its a blue button up for all the other colors too.
I feel like it should be a darker red, like burgundy, black, or brown button up.

next

screen_shot_2016_01_26_at_12_39_48_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9pekl0.png

do you see the fake smile my sim is wearing?
this one is silly, I feel like this would look good without stripes,

and these pants

screen_shot_2016_01_26_at_12_41_01_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9pekkq.png

I wish came in black.

Her Dress

screen_shot_2016_01_26_at_12_42_45_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9pekk3.png

I want in Green and black.

and this old top i wish the white Tank was green and the bra was black.

screen_shot_2016_01_26_at_12_44_29_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9pekju.png
Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

Comments

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    ...ok
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    What's wrong with your sims's hips btw?
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    /snip/
    and this old top i wish the white Tank was green and the bra was black.

screen_shot_2016_01_26_at_12_44_29_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9pekju.png

And my fashion pickiness is screaming "NO!" with your combination of silver necklace when the fixings on her top, and her ring are gold-toned.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @ XopaxPax Too many donuts. :open_mouth: I can say that, because that's what happens to me when I over indulge.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

LOL I was so thinking this! :joy:

It can be tricky finding the 'right' outfit for your sims though. tbh I use so much CC, way more than I did in TS3.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

The man or the woman? Cause to me it looks like the guy has child bearing hips which is odd...

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Wow, y'all are jerks, I have wide hips IRL.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    I have wide hips like that girl too. Pear-shaped =/ - I'm plumper though.
  • Options

Oh, I'm sorry. :( That was rude of me... but I was more talking about the girl just 'cos of the proportions as the rest of her is quite slim. My apologies.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Oh, I'm sorry. :( That was rude of me... but I was more talking about the girl just 'cos of the proportions as the rest of her is quite slim. My apologies.

People can be slim and have wide hips. Hip shape is skeletal, whereas slimness is soft tissue (fat/muscle).
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

People can be slim and have wide hips. Hip shape is skeletal, whereas slimness is soft tissue (fat/muscle).

Fair point. Like I said... sorry.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    its okay, I mean I love my hips, and neatly I find pear shape attractive... and maybe I over did it with my female Sim.
    but fair point, her character style is suppose to be a little ratchet. :p
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member

Not everybody has Caucasian White genetics or American big chested and thin, like prob is considered more normal XD
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I have a friend who has the same problem, he said he is an inverted body builder because he gets more muscle or fat on legs and hips than on chest and arms no matter how much he works out, so is normal people. He is very tall too, so it doesn't look unnatural irl prob.
  • Options
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

Not everybody has Caucasian White genetics or American big chested and thin, like prob is considered more normal XD

I get this totally... it was just the female sim looked so strange to me... that's all. I wasn't making a personal jab at anyone Generally where I live if a woman has big hips then she is larger all over, that's all. Didn't stop to engage my brain before posting. No offense meant whatsoever.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Awww.....they are XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited February 2016
    poor @NZsimm3r is really getting beat down over a simple statement, he apologized already geeeesh give the poor guy/gal a break lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ladybreid wrote: »
    poor @NZsimm3r is really getting beat down over a simple statement, he apologized already geeeesh give the poor guy a break lol

lol.. thanks (ima girl tho!) It's ok... I can see how thoughtless my post was so it's cool to get called out on it. I didn't post it to hurt though... just thoughtlessness. *blush*

• Options
    ladybreid wrote: »
    poor @NZsimm3r is really getting beat down over a simple statement, he apologized already geeeesh give the poor guy/gal a break lol

And I forgave, It wasn't a huge deal. I know how to laugh and love myself, and she didn't even make the first post, she thought it but didn't say it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    I always found the sims 4 hips to be too pointy. I said it the first moment when i got the CAS demo and it still looks weird.

Anyway.. did you choose those green jewels by yourself on.. purpose? Cause that would be ironic.......
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Coming back to the thread for a moment, I agree, colour choice is a very personal thing and one person's choice isn't necessarily another's. There should at least be a colour wheel in this game, or some kind of colour editor to save players having to have huge amounts of custom content. Choosing the colours of clothes and objects was one of my main interests in Sims 3 and I find the lack of colour options too limiting in Sims 4.
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »
    I always found the sims 4 hips to be too pointy. I said it the first moment when i got the CAS demo and it still looks weird.

Anyway.. did you choose those green jewels by yourself on.. purpose? Cause that would be ironic.......

Well here's what happened.

When I was creating my sim, I wanted her to have an emerald necklace, so I settled for the ring. Cut to several months later, now, I found a CC necklace. When I took that picture I honestly forgot she was still wearing the ring, because I was so focused on her top.

and honestly I didn't want to change her entire outfit, and make her presentable to the forums, my intention was to just focus on the top, not her entire outfit.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited February 2016
    The girl's hips tho ;)
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    Coming back to the thread for a moment, I agree, colour choice is a very personal thing and one person's choice isn't necessarily another's. There should at least be a colour wheel in this game, or some kind of colour editor to save players having to have huge amounts of custom content. Choosing the colours of clothes and objects was one of my main interests in Sims 3 and I find the lack of colour options too limiting in Sims 4.

My vote is for you. I have the same problem with The Sims 4. "They" claimed The Sims 4 was "all about your Sims" - however, somehow "they" forgot that color choices, pattern choices, how the Sims homes are styled all help to define them - and we can do so little in those areas for either clothing or decor without a glut of cc in the game. If we choose not to go the cc route, our choices are so limited it's difficult to create the unique Sims (and their homes) that we might want.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Aye, I generally agree -- the lack of CASt (Create-A-Style) is one of the biggest things I miss in The Sims 4. For some people it's toddlers, but for me, CASt and the open world are my own 'deal-breakers.'

I spend lots of time in TS3 customizing colors with CASt. In TS4, I've got tons of CC and have taken to learning how to use Sims4Studio to do recolors and such. I haven't the time nor inclination to go make a full recolor package every time I want something though, so I end up 'settling' a lot more than I ever had to in TS3.

I very much hope that TS5 will have an implementation of CASt in it! Hopefully one that's better optimized than the TS3 CAS/CASt system was. It was a great system, but one that was hampered by poor optimization/implementation in parts. (Same can be said about the open world, IMO.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!