Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not everything Guru's post are hints!

Hi All

There has been an increasing amount of threads added to the forums on "hints" that turned out to be not "hints" for the Sims 4.

It's okay to speculate but I really feel for the Guru's as they would always have to think twice when posting on Twitter. It must get annoying for them.
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    This. What do they expect with the lack of communication? Even though I agree, some of these things people are considering hints is just downright silly and desperate. But do I feel bad for the gurus? Not a chance in hell.

They know what they're doing. I have 0 sympathy for them.

It is their Twitter; they can do whatever they want to their Twitters.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    They don't communicate so we speculate.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A lot of people are ready for the next big thing. I myself am waiting on the announcement for Gamepack 3 especially since restuarents are likely.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    A lot of people are ready for the next big thing. I myself am waiting on the announcement for Gamepack 3 especially since restuarents are likely.

It's a good point, we are ready for something big... but simmers will always hype about hints (and non-hints) and after all, it's not life threatening, annoying to wait...absolutely... but there is a big wide real world out there to distract us meantime.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Seems like the forum would be dead without them :\
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

It's a good point, we are ready for something big... but simmers will always hype about hints (and non-hints) and after all, it's not life threatening, annoying to wait...absolutely... but there is a big wide real world out there to distract us meantime.

You mean I can leave my desk here? No way!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

You mean I can leave my desk here? No way!

hehe... I'd suggest taking it one step at a time... Maybe look at some screenshots of the real world first, take it slow and don't make any rash decisions. Above all else, don't be embarrassed to ask for help if you need it. B)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    It's hard to focus when your outside is all... it's like in 3D *whispers*... but it's all around you...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Sorry for derailing the speculation of speculation thread. I like the quasi hints ... they are playing with our minds. I'm pretty sure they know everything they say is picked apart.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Sorry for derailing the speculation of speculation thread. I like the quasi hints ... they are playing with our minds. I'm pretty sure they know everything they say is picked apart.

You're funny!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    sholtx wrote: »
    But the way they are posting is annoying af.

This. What do they expect with the lack of communication? Even though I agree, some of these things people are considering hints is just downright silly and desperate. But do I feel bad for the gurus? Not a chance in hell.

They know what they're doing. I have 0 sympathy for them.

Seriously? Unless they say 'this is a hint', take it at face value. It's a picture of cats in a calendar, not a hint for pets. It's a gift render of a real persons real family, not a hint for toddlers. IT'S. NOT. A. HINT. Gurus have real lives, and talk about things that are not Sims related.

When they used to post the little things all in hashtags for you to try to guess what they were saying, THOSE were hints. I do feel bad for the gurus, because they are not allowed to say or do anything without the forums first thinking they are hints, then being angry it wasn't.

There have even been a few times very recently when a guru comes on to confirm it isn't a hint, and people actually argued with them!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    When the community is starved for information and very little real is forthcoming, it's not all that surprising that everything they post is picked apart. I don't personally do it, I don't let myself get excited anymore until there's something concrete, but I totally see how it happens. I really feel like EA should rethink their communication strategy, it's horrible right now IMO. I'm not saying they have to start giving us specifics about upcoming releases, in fact I don't think that's wise, but they could give us a broadview. Example: they could tell us that the next GP is set to be restaurants instead of telling us that we will get 4 different types of restaurants and all ages can order from menus and here's some recipes coming in it....

Too much information can bit you in the behind for delivering false promises.
    Not enough information can cause exactly what we see here, pulling everything apart and dashed hopes.
    But there is a happy medium they just seem to refuse to use it.

This. Everyone 'blames' the devs... they're just employees of a company that makes the rules. And the rules need changing. :expressionless:

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yeah I can't blame the devs. I mean, they work for a company and if that is the company's communication policy they have to stick by it or risk termination (I would assume, as that's how it is in most companies.) I just think EA itself needs a communication strategy overhaul as my understanding is that this is not isolated just to Sims.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I'm sure it is annoying for them but it's annoying for all of us fans as well. We're used to getting info on future content :/ the way it is right now is quite boring...it's hard to stay interested in a game like the sims with no promotional info to get excited about and look forward to. ::yawn:: this community used to be so fun! I miss live-streams & pamphlets!

THIS! @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Umm... I don't think the gurus feel bad... I think they enjoy it all. I would if I was a guru, just saying. In fact I'd have probably lost my job by now through baiting the fans through twitter.. :joy:>:)

Me and you both. I'd put random pictures of like animals, little kids (anybody's kid that happens to be between 2 and 4, say), animals, leaves falling off trees, snowscenes and about anything else I could think of.

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited February 2016
    The lack of communication is not the fault of the gurus, so please stop yelling at them. EA is the one telling them what to and what not to say. And plus, if they don't have anything to announce at the moment, what do you expect them to say?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I agree that the lack of information is a poor marketing job, but EA is in no way required to release early information. Just because it is 'what we are used to' or 'how they used to do it' does not in any way mean they must tell us things early now. It would be wonderful if they still put the pamphlets with upcoming information in each expansion, but they don't. It would be great if they communicated with us more, but they don't. For a reason we don't know, the people at the top decided that not giving us info is the way to go. Freaking out because everything said must be a hint doesn't help anything.

Remember back in the day, when they only way you knew a game was coming out, was you happened to find it while browsing that section in the store? We survived.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Well I'm playing sims 4 right now and about to make a club. In the careers section it says "BabySitter" what sorcery is this?! There are no babysitters!? Plus it's under semi active career as in, you can't add gardeners or maids!? I'm beyond excited right now
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Okay people are commenting back at what I said like I said all the speculation is fine and dandy. I didn't, and I never said gurus can't do what they want with their Twitter. I don't care what they do and I don't even look at their Twitter. All I'm saying is I don't feel sorry for them for people taking all of the tweets the wrong way. If they were better at communicating, it wouldn't be this way. That's all. Seriously guys...
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I agree that the lack of information is a poor marketing job, but EA is in no way required to release early information. Just because it is 'what we are used to' or 'how they used to do it' does not in any way mean they must tell us things early now. It would be wonderful if they still put the pamphlets with upcoming information in each expansion, but they don't. It would be great if they communicated with us more, but they don't. For a reason we don't know, the people at the top decided that not giving us info is the way to go. Freaking out because everything said must be a hint doesn't help anything.

Remember back in the day, when they only way you knew a game was coming out, was you happened to find it while browsing that section in the store? We survived.

Times have changed though. More people are online and society has become more impatient as a whole.

I think this is a good topic. Whatever decisions EA, Maxis, the Devil, or whatever has made have clearly had a negative affect on many. If I were running a business with strategies that weren't working, I'd want to know why.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5