Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That certainly makes things easy!

There's a couple I'm playing one of my saves that just had a baby. Babies are so boring in this game, I really don't care about them anymore, so I usually don't bother with them unless they start crying.

One of my sims' friends asked to come over, so I let her. While their friend was there, the baby became sad and started crying, so the friends went to tend to her. I know visiting sims in previous games would play with their friends' babies, so I wasn't surprised. But she also changed the baby's diaper and fed it when it got very hungry. I've never seen that before.

So, basically, my couple now has an on-call babysitter. I have one of them call the friend over (she's unemployed, by the way), she stays until late, and looks after the baby while my sims do whatever else I want them to do. Only exception is when they go to work. Then, the baby disappears off to daycare.

So, my couple doesn't have to be bothered with the baby until it becomes a kid because visiting sims will tend to the baby for them. Works for me!
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    My Sim who is overwhelmed by his triplets call his mother for help fairly often. I find it cute :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Definitely need to remember this next time I have a baby in-game. Maybe use a club to make people come over!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    That's good for if you have a single sim to do it, but one time my sim had twins that both started crying during a party so half the guests went to one and the other half went to the other and left my 2 sims dancing alone in the other room :D
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    That's good for if you have a single sim to do it, but one time my sim had twins that both started crying during a party so half the guests went to one and the other half went to the other and left my 2 sims dancing alone in the other room :D

I keep the door to the baby's room locked for household only during parties for this reason.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."