Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you tell how old an elder is?

When I have an elder, when I hover over their green age bar, it shows how many days they've lived. That is, until the bar is full and bubbly. Then it won't show how old they are. How do you make it show the number once it's full?

Comments

• Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    You can't. Elders don't have an exact 'set' time they'll die, as certain factors, such as them being athletic, affects their life span.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I wasn't expecting the number of days to death, but how many they've lived so far. It tells you until the bar is full then stops counting. I was wondering if there was a way to find the total number of days they've lived so far.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    Once the age bar is full,that means your Sim is at the end of their life and will die soon. Could be a day,or a few days. After it gets full though,it won't show you how many days they've lived anymore. Not sure why it does that but I guess because it's the end of their life? I don't know. If you aren't against using mods,there could be a mod out there that changes that :) Just would have to look and see.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    mommysimmermommysimmer Posts: 188 Member
    This is my least favorite thing about Sims 4.. Let's give these elder sims some dignify!!
  • Options
    mommysimmermommysimmer Posts: 188 Member
    Dignity.. Stupid phone
  • Options
    Once the age bar is full,that means your Sim is at the end of their life and will die soon. Could be a day,or a few days. After it gets full though,it won't show you how many days they've lived anymore. Not sure why it does that but I guess because it's the end of their life? I don't know. If you aren't against using mods,there could be a mod out there that changes that :) Just would have to look and see.

For my elder, it's been three weeks since her age bar is full. She's got the long life trait now since she was required to be a professional athlete and had to fulfill that for a challenge. So there's no way to tell how old they really are?
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I wish we could set the age limit for each life stage It made things alot easier
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »

For my elder, it's been three weeks since her age bar is full. She's got the long life trait now since she was required to be a professional athlete and had to fulfill that for a challenge. So there's no way to tell how old they really are?

As far as I know,no there isn't :/
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    AntoninaAntonina Posts: 77 Member
    I hate that, too! I know that death isn't exact and you can't be certain on a time when one will die, but I don't want my Sim to have to spend days mourning (especially when she's about to get a promotion, but because she's very sad her work performance suffers) if it can be avoided!
    chloe_zpsmil76epk.gif
    "I knew nothing but shadows and I thought them to be real." - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
  • Options
    Thanks, all. It seems like an oversight to me. I'd love to know how hold my elders are when they finally go.