Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need a bit of help with items

I'm doing a challenge that requires building public venues. For each one, the Sim has to have a career related to that venue (Writer for the library, athlete for the gym) and you have to put their career rewards in the venue.

When I try to move the reward items to the library or gym, it won't allow me to access the household inventory to do it. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Whenever you are building a community lot, you're automatically in free build mode - which means unlimited funds and all career items are automatically unlocked (a feature a recent patch introduced). You also can't access your Sim's family inventory because you're in free build mode.
    There is however a workaround. Build an empty room on your home lot, place the career rewards in the room and save the room to your library. Then go to the community lot you're building, open your library, buy and place the room on the lot, move out the items and place them where you want them. After that you can delete the room (unless you actually used it in the build).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you. That helps a lot.

I did it and it worked perfectly. Thanks again. :smiley: