Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I LOVE Laptop mode!

I've been playing Sims 4 ever since it's been released and I've never used laptop mode until today! my game runs as smooth as butter!☺ it's honestly a whole new world for me. I did have the problem that the Sims were to dark but that was easily fixed by me turning down the lighting to low and somehow the games back to normal. Does anyone else play in laptop mode and have good experiences? I feel like the animation of the game is a lot smoother.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited February 2016
    Laptop mode is only for those who do not have a gaming computer.

You'll need to post your DxDiag. :)
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

I recommend copying it all on Pastebin and link your Pastebin from there.
    http://pastebin.com/
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I'm glad that works for you! I tried laptop mode but the Sims were too dark, as you say. I can't imagine why turning the lighting to low would work to solve that, but maybe someone can let us know. :)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I never actually thought of using laptop mode. But one day, after I installed a new SP or GP, it just automatically started the game in laptop mode, and it did run better.

The game eventually put too much of a strain on my machine, with all the packs I kept adding to it and even with laptop mode on, it started to crash too much. I play on a desktop now.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I definitely use laptop mode, I don't why, but it works wonders on my laptop even though I have most of my settings set on high. The graphics are beautiful and the colors pop. The game play overall is very smooth, which is what makes me love ts4 over ts3.
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Since my laptop is not a gaming computer I really want to use the laptop mod.
    But my cc eyelash is not compatible with it. :'(:s
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    That's my worry .... Adding more packs slowing down the game . I also play on a a laptop . With 2 EP ,2 gp and 2 sp my game is running very smoothly without laptop mode on . Am tempted to get more sp but I rather "save" my laptop performance for EP or gp instead
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited February 2016
    [deleted]
  • Options
    I'm not on my laptop right now but I'll definitely post specs later! My computer is about 5 years old going on 6. The game was fine before laptop mode but it lagged here and there. but with laptop mode on it runs smooth as can be!
    and honestly I have no clue how turning the lighting down to low made the Sims less dark but it looks a whole lot better than it did haha. or maybe it was something else I just noticed the difference after I put it on low. ☺

and yes laptop mode definitely makes me enjoy playing the game a whole lot more!
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm glad you love laptop mode! I for one can say laptop mode is a smart move on the Gurus part. It definitely allows smoother gameplay and while the game might not be visually appealing to the eye, it would be imo better to have that and have smoother gameplay than to have pretty visuals but terrible gameplay.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    I'm not on my laptop right now but I'll definitely post specs later! My computer is about 5 years old going on 6. The game was fine before laptop mode but it lagged here and there. but with laptop mode on it runs smooth as can be!
    and honestly I have no clue how turning the lighting down to low made the Sims less dark but it looks a whole lot better than it did haha. or maybe it was something else I just noticed the difference after I put it on low. ☺

and yes laptop mode definitely makes me enjoy playing the game a whole lot more!

Please ignore Colton - there is no need to post your specs. I do not play TS4 but this is the second time I've seen a post today about how good laptop mode is. I wonder if it'll do anything for TS2... *wanders off to see*

--T
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I don't have a gaming laptop or desktop so I def use laptop mode. Idk how my game would go with it off, but it's pretty smooth for the most part right now with a tad bit of stuttering here and there. Also it def helped when I changed my power settings because it was automatically set on Balanced and now I have it on High Performance.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Laptop mode is only for those who do not have a gaming computer.

You'll need to post your DxDiag. :)
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

I recommend copying it all on Pastebin and link your Pastebin from there.
    http://pastebin.com/

You are obsessed with DxDiag :/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    Happily, this game is now in 64 bit. I didn't have to do anything to switch it over, as it did it itself. I have a gaming rig, so it never occurred to me to switch to laptop mode. But my game plays just fine and always has.

@Colton, are you trying to garner information on everybody's computers? Are you seeking this to better inform yourself as to what computer to get? Otherwise, enough already! It's become an obsession with you, or at the very least lately, a stock answer.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    lauren5509lauren5509 Posts: 78 Member
    I use laptop mode as well! :smile: I don't love love it because the graphics aren't as good and no cc alpha hairs :disappointed: but overall it makes it run better.

(should mention I have a laptop which is not a gaming laptop :smile: )
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    "I love laptop mode."

"You'll need to post your DxDiag."

Eh?
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Laptop mode doesn't work with CC unfortunately :(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I would never use laptop mode unless I absolutely had to. The graphics aren't that great. Luckily I have a gaming laptop now so laptop mode is a thing of the past!
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    woah! There's a laptop mode?! I've been playing the TS4 on my laptop since it came out, graphics are great, doesn't lag. No problem here but what's the difference? :o
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited February 2016
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    woah! There's a laptop mode?! I've been playing the TS4 on my laptop since it came out, graphics are great, doesn't lag. No problem here but what's the difference? :o

It's for people who don't have computers that can handle TS4.

Edited for typos
    Post edited by xitneverendss on
  • Options
    My graphics on laptop mode are pretty nice I have it set to high I did have it set to ultra and it ran smooth but I didn't want to damage my graphics card ☺
  • Options
    Really? that should be looked into that's strange. unfortunately I don't use cc I haven't since Sims 3. I should take laptop mode off sometime and download some cc because I honestly haven't even looked at Sims 4 cc haha
  • Options
    Really? that should be looked into that's strange. unfortunately I don't use cc I haven't since Sims 3. I should take laptop mode off sometime and download some cc because I honestly haven't even looked at Sims 4 cc haha

I use very little cc -- but I just switched to laptop mode, and the cc fingernails I use are still visible on my Sim lady.
    Also, I could not see any difference. It looks just as good on laptop as on regular!
  • Options

I use very little cc -- but I just switched to laptop mode, and the cc fingernails I use are still visible on my Sim lady.
    Also, I could not see any difference. It looks just as good on laptop as on regular!

you must have a good laptop ☺ mine is good but the graphics card is kinda old.
  • Options

It is good, but it's four years old, so I'd like to be as gentle to my graphics card as possible. :smile:
  • Options

It is good, but it's four years old, so I'd like to be as gentle to my graphics card as possible. :smile:
    I honestly think I was to hard on mine my laptop gets hot pretty fast and I dunno what to do to fix it other than buy a new one.. :neutral:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top