Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with the Castle Kit?

Hey everyone!

I recently had to replace my hard drive and, once I was back up and running, I decided to install The Sims 3 games. I've since been getting back into the game and decided to purchase the Castle Kits from the Store. Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed in them. :/ You have to place individual pieces, and they don't line up, so you have to use the moveobjects cheat to get things to work properly. I managed to make a front wall of a castle, which took me almost half an hour. Can anyone help me out with some tips on how to use this pack?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is one of the only sets that I was very unhappy with. But here some more information you might find helpful.

http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/The_Complete_Castle_Kit

I tried to find another link of one where it went into more details on this, but I couldn't find it, sorry. But the link I did put up will explain where you can find all the pieces to the kit.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I had that set for over a year before I finally got to use it. And MoveObjects is the way to place the decor that goes on the walls etc. After a while I got the idea and got it to work for me. I only used it once though.

Screenshot-573_zpse26e1fb8.jpg
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I don't know why I bought that set, I really don't care for super large buildings, unless it's a venue of some sort. I am trying to ''own the store' so I guess that's my excuse. :|
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2016
    Agree with @LaBlue0314 and @Okblondee7 do not know why I got it either but you got to admit a few parts that came with it are really really good.Love both the doors the 2 archways and the window.Tower topper is good to but the whole point was badly designed the actual wall pieces are junk.I am not a MOO guy.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    u2020bulletu2020bullet Posts: 13 New Member
    Man that looks awesome, good work. :)
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Yeah, being individual pieces of decor means building an entire castle with them requires a LOT of time and patience. It can look pretty awesome if you can manage to stick with it though.

I don’t use the castle kit often myself, but I do find some pieces useful as accents on occasion. Making a mini-castle playhouse for kids is one way to use them that can be really cute and not as time-consuming.

Another way I used them was to create a castle themed theater where children could dress up in medieval outfits from the costume chest and put on little plays.

43_zps8e8c2d84.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I only bought it because I'm a castle freak, that is the main thing I built in Minecraft, huge sprawling castles. I really haven't played with the castle set too much after I had so many issues before I discover moveobjects, by then I was miffed so I just dropped it and moved on. I would still like to create a nice big castle someday...