Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Bad Is Patch 1.69

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I strongly dislike having fluff that is not relevant to the game running in the background. Having to open origin just to load s3 is pure fluff 'nutter and serves zero purpose for game play-ability other than to add another hoop from someone else's zoo to my, and every other simmers, downtime.

Origin has an annoying habit of staying hidden in the background even after you think it's off. On more than one occasion even after checking with task manager that it's off my pc will have to force close origin when it gets shut down. Which means it was running the entire time even though I exited the software hours earlier.

Also speaking for myself, I end up with more game issues despite steps taken to minimize s3 bugs when I use the launcher to load the game (or I did in the past). When I learned the trick to by pass the launcher my rate of game crashes dropped drastically. Given up until my motherboard died, I had minimal problems running a fully loaded (I own about 99.9% of own-able content) s3, and run civ4 (wish I could run 5) & Banished with no problem I should not now after this patch be forced to add a booster because of Plum! ea & origin. The game sales pitch tag is still you rule, control life, yadda yadda yadda ... lie lie lie; but all that's been happening is a company forcing us into doing everything their way.

I'll be watching yard sales and thrift stores as well as sales, once I get hard copy of what I had gotten as dlc(which thankfully wasn't much) I'll be deleting origin from my pc.

Feel free to translate that plum into whatever word you want. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes