Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing/Non-working Interactions

thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
For some reason, the option to plan outfit on any dresser does not even show up at all, which basically either traps my sims with sometimes ugly random outfits, or forces me to use cheats.
Also for some reason each time I direct a sim to find a profession, they go to do it, but when they finish, no screen shows up for me to chose one.
I've had the same mods installed for patch 1.67 for a year now, and these issues only now appear. I did recently install the game on a new computer if that helps.
Any help and solutions would be very appreciated.
Post edited by thesimsisepic on

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor mod help thanks
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Any sim in any game or just one particular active sim in one particular ongoing game?

Not really sure what's causing these blockages from what is described or if they necessarily have the same cause. Could be an outdated mod or, as in the case with NRaas, an add-on module that is the wrong version for a base mod (such as MasterController vs. the MasterController Cheats or Integration modules). Or it could be a "bad" CC item or the sim has a "bad" Career outfit assigned.

If you are using MasterController, does the Stylist command work and can you change the assigned Career outfit to something else, even if it's a tee shirt and jeans?

Otherwise as a test, I would try first pulling all mods out, clearing caches, and running on a test copy of the saved game. If that was no different, then I would try again with no mods and no CC. Again, just as a test on a copy of a saved game or a new one.

By clearing caches, I mean deleting the following 5 files from the TS3 game folder in Documents before loading up.

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.pakcage
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hi @igazor ,thanks for the reply.
    Yesterday I discovered that ani's Shop for Clothes mods which I have disables the plan outift option on dressers so that is no longer an issue.
    As for the find profession issue, i'm still not sure why the interaction doesn't work. The only mod I have that affects professions is one that lets teens join professions. I haven't tested out my game without it yet.
    This issue wouldn't be so bad because I can either summon proprietors and join Showtime professions that way, and the lifegaurd career through town hall or a lifegaurd stand (imo opinion i don't mind actually making my sims go out and look for there own jobs, more realistic). But then there's the Ambitions professions and the daycare professions, and i'm not sure if there is a non-newspaper way to join those.
    If i'm missing something and there is than great. If there isn't any other way, then i'll test new games without mods or that one mod i mentioned later today.
    Sorry for the legnthy reply :D Thanks again.
  • Options
    I believe you should be able to register for the self-employed professions by visiting City Hall. Not so?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor I can register for self-employed. But is there any other way to join the other professions (firefighter, ghosthunter, investigator, daycare from Generatioms, etc) besides the newspaper?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Didn't think there was much difference in the way one registers for those, except perhaps in some cases a skill requirement. But it could well be the NRaas Careers mod and some of its add-ons that are doing that for my game. Hopefully someone else will answer with more information.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @igazor I can register for self-employed. But is there any other way to join the other professions (firefighter, ghosthunter, investigator, daycare from Generatioms, etc) besides the newspaper?

I have NRaas Careers, I don't know if that affects what I see in my game:

ghost hunter at the science building
    investigator at the police building
    firefighter at the firehouse building
    stylist at the stylist building
    architectural designer at city hall

I'm not sure about daycare. The wiki says phone or computer, but I don't see that option. Maybe my sim is missing some requirements.
  • Options
    Update: So I have tried new games without the Professions for Teens mod and that didn't make a difference sadly.

Thank you for the replies @igazor @TreyNutz I can still see the option to apply for the other professions as both of you have listed.
    If there was just another way to apply for the Daycare profession then I wouldn't bother looking for a fix anymore