Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to get bullied on the sims 3?

One of my past child sims had the loser trait and she was bullied and often came back from school crying so is it possible to get bullied on the sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited January 2016
    TS3 isn't quite that complex. What are her other traits? Is she "over-emotional"? Sims with the over-emotional trait burst into tears for no reason at all. It's kind of a silly trait, really. Granted, grumpy, inappropriate, evil and possibly more traits will give the Sim the ability to carry out social interactions that can turn very ugly. I saw one Sim one time smacking another one around for no reason.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    I have a hot headed sim who constantly beats other sims up. I eventually banned her from my games. At first it was funny as it was always unexpected when it happened. But in the end I got tired of the constant fights so she went. Maybe I'll get her back one day and change her traits a bit. I have mods now and can do that easily.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Jared Frio is a bit of a bully to his brother, constantly picking on my poor Connor! As soon as he earns the lifetime reward for midlife crisis Jared's traits get changed. Until then I try to buddy them up and keep an eye on Jared.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    TS3 isn't quite that complex. What are her other traits? Is she "over-emotional"? Sims with the over-emotional trait burst into tears for no reason at all. It's kind of a silly trait, really. Granted, grumpy, inappropriate, evil and possibly more traits will give the Sim the ability to carry out social interactions that can turn very ugly. I saw one Sim one time smacking another one around for no reason.

One of the idle animations for losers is a crying one too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    @BSIREGINA yes she was that was often something to do with loser trait.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited January 2016
    One of my young adult sims has the Loser trait and works at the police station. I sometimes get pop-ups about his co-workers playing mean pranks on him and that he's basically being bullied in a way.

I think bullying is entirely possible if you have hot-headed or mean-spirited sims. I play with a few in some of my more dramatic households, and once someone's gotten on their bad side they will slap them around at the drop of a hat.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    I remember I once got a badge for being a big meanie. Apparently a sim of mine had to be mean to a lot of sims.

I was very surprised ax I knew nothing about it. I suspect one of my household members must have had a combination of unfortunate traits. But I never saw him being involved in fights and had no indication of him being mean to other sims so he must have been doing it at work or while he was out of the house and not supervised by me.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    One of the first things I do is modify traits to my liking. I really should let my pre-mades be themselves for a change. Might get pretty interesting.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Reagan has the diva trait. When she argues with other Sims, she's more prone to slap them than Sims w/o the diva trait. Of course slapping usually turns into fighting. She got into a lot more trouble when she was in college, but now that she's all grown up w/ adult children, I don't see her fighting and arguing as much. I think it's mainly because the people she's around, she gets along with better than the people in college.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Reagan has the diva trait. When she argues with other Sims, she's more prone to slap them than Sims w/o the diva trait. Of course slapping usually turns into fighting. She got into a lot more trouble when she was in college, but now that she's all grown up w/ adult children, I don't see her fighting and arguing as much. I think it's mainly because the people she's around, she gets along with better than the people in college.

OMG, yes! Diva sims are crazy if they're around someone they don't get along with! :lol:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Yes, I think that mean spirited, hot headed, and evil sims will bully others autonomously. I remember one time in Sunset Valley, my sim was sitting on a bench downtown, and young adult Kaylynn Langerak came along followed shortly afterward by her live-in boyfriend, VJ Alvi, with whom she had a child. VJ proceeded to beat her up right there near my sim.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    One of my young adult sims has the Loser trait and works at the police station. I sometimes get pop-ups about his co-workers playing mean pranks on him and that he's basically being bullied in a way.

I think bullying is entirely possible if you have hot-headed or mean-spirited sims. I play with a few in some of my more dramatic households, and once someone's gotten on their bad side they will slap them around at the drop of a hat.

Yes, I've had a few mean-spirited Sims and a couple of evil ones. The mean Sims want to mean to other Sims. So, I definitely think it's possible to get bullied in TS3. I didn't know that could happen in the law enforcement field. Poor guy :(
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    I once made an Evil, Mean Spirited, Hot Headed, Inappropriate, Diva witch sim and placed him in town as an inactive just to see how he would act....talk about one big bully I ended up changing his traits cause he was just way too mean to other sims
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    I once made an Evil, Mean Spirited, Hot Headed, Inappropriate, Diva witch sim and placed him in town as an inactive just to see how he would act....talk about one big bully I ended up changing his traits cause he was just way too mean to other sims

Okay call me a big jerk but I really want to make a witch with those traits just to see what happens in my town, I have the perfect empty house for her (I have way too many males in my town already) so off to Bridgeport I go to kidnap a victim, I was headed there anyways as @CravenLestat has directed me to some potential fresh female sims for my overly male town.
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member

Okay call me a big jerk but I really want to make a witch with those traits just to see what happens in my town, I have the perfect empty house for her (I have way too many males in my town already) so off to Bridgeport I go to kidnap a victim, I was headed there anyways as @CravenLestat has directed me to some potential fresh female sims for my overly male town.

For best effect if you have MC and MC Cheats max out the spellcasting ability
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options

For best effect if you have MC and MC Cheats max out the spellcasting ability

I don't do mods as of yet but do have a witch with maxed out spellcasting (Julia) though she is stuck in my Origin game and I'm playing on my Steam game today. I'll change her traits tomorrow and see what she does, she's a very nice Sim right now.
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    roman2886 wrote: »
    @BSIREGINA yes she was that was often something to do with loser trait.

• Options
    Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member
    My Sim's daughter Molly shared a secret with her sister, Kimberly, saying that <insert Sim's name here> stole her lunch money.
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
  • Options
    Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member
    a Sim stole her lunch money.
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    Is it possible to get bullied in TS3? I would say yes.

When I first got LN, I would throw lots of parties, and this one vampire always had people surround her, and they would boo her, point at her, and laugh. I thought it was pretty mean. :neutral:
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif