Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I see improvement

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Hmm personally I do not see any improvement. It is very subjective.

It really depends on what you like in a stuffpack to be honest. I don't really care for Spooky Stuff and also the movie stuffpack isn't really my cup of tea. However, I loved Perfect Patio Stuff, since it had some nice furniture in my opinion.

It comes down to what you like. That's one + about releasing stuffpacks so often. Everyone will find something they like. But it's very subjective to say that things are improving. To some it may be, but to others it's not.

Same counts for EP's and GP's though. Some people think they are better and some think they are bad.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited January 2016
    SimsFur wrote: »
    I actually feel the opposite. The concept of sims doing something together is good, but we need a whole pack with activities. A stuff pack isnt really the need for now and besides that.. I think the objects attract me the least.

After all, its just a stuffpack. But we still need a bigger pack with activities like these for our sims and groups. A gamepack in January would be nicer.. It has been 8 months! Lord..

We just got an EP.

That does has nothing to do with the fact that we need more activities for our sims. Thats a simple fact. So if we get an EP where a lot of people were not happy about it, it means we have to shut our mouth for the things we actually need? Because HEY they just released an EP. You really need to understand the purpose of this post more.
    Post edited by SimsFur on
  • Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    The new movie stuff pack looks awesome. I can't wait until next week to get it. It reminds me a little of that sims 3 set from the store ( it was under travel and world style called Drifter’s Desire) and some of the clothing styles remind me of the boho store set and also the generations expansion pack.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016
    I actually feel the opposite. The concept of sims doing something together is good, but we need a whole pack with activities. A stuff pack isnt really the need for now and besides that.. I think the objects attract me the least.

After all, its just a stuffpack. But we still need a bigger pack with activities like these for our sims and groups. A gamepack in January would be nicer.. It has been 8 months! Lord..

We just got an EP.

That does has nothing to do with the fact that we need more activities for our sims. Thats a simple fact. So if we get an EP where a lot of people of were not happy about it, it means we have to shut our mouth for the things we actually need? Because HEY they just released an EP. You really need to understand the purpose of this post more.

I actually agree with this post. I still feel like the Sims 4 lacks content. We can say it's been out for over a year "only", that's true enough, but we're about about 9 packs in and I still find myself running out of things to do. That's outside of my "imagination". I mean I can imagine all day, but I want to actually have objects, not rely on my imagination. I can do that for free lol.

I want game packs full of activities and all future expansion packs with double the content we've seen so far. Idk it's weird. I don't even have all the expansion packs for sims 3 for instance and I have yet to run out of things to do. Haven't even done close to all the things in one ep that I own and I've only been playing Sims 4 longer than Sims 3 by 2 months.*

Now this isn't to talk down the sims 4, just feel like it still has a ways to go and improvements to experience.

Idk, I'm sure I just have to have patience, but I do feel like the eps so far have been light, the game packs have had lots to do, spa day improved over OR, imo, so hopefully w/e the third gp is will improve on activities as well.

Anyway, yes I see improvements (in dlc, not base game - bugs, forced features, lacking features), but I don't think things are up to where they should be just yet.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I don't think it's the lack of objects that's really the problem. It's the lack of meaningful game play, in my opinion. If they'd kept the emphasis on wants and fears, added some challenge to the game, and not bothered with the in-your-face emotions and silly potty humor, we could have had a decent game even with some restrictions. As it is now, despite Get Together and the new stuff pack, the Sims 4 still feels like the development team had their heads in the role-playing, linear driven, questy type of game play common to most games today.

In other words, they lost their way and are out of touch with the kind of players who can take something like the Sims franchise and run with it, putting in things into their game that the dev team never even thought of.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I agree from Luxury Part - which began the tradition of adding gameplay with Stuff Packs, also being the first to add Recipes, to Perfect Patio being the first to add Music, to Spooky Stuff being the first to add gameplay outside of Objects/adding a Social Event. Stuff Packs have improved quite allot in my opinion, there's not enough GPs or EPs for me to make a good enough comparison however.

I wish it added more CAS. We lack formal wear
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hmm personally I do not see any improvement. It is very subjective.

It really depends on what you like in a stuffpack to be honest. I don't really care for Spooky Stuff and also the movie stuffpack isn't really my cup of tea. However, I loved Perfect Patio Stuff, since it had some nice furniture in my opinion.

It comes down to what you like. That's one + about releasing stuffpacks so often. Everyone will find something they like. But it's very subjective to say that things are improving. To some it may be, but to others it's not.

Same counts for EP's and GP's though. Some people think they are better and some think they are bad.

But I feel like it has more objects than other packs
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,683 Member
    I appreciate the fact that it's a SP. Besides liking the concept of it, it's the least expensive. Right after Christmas, I'm pretty much tapped out, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited January 2016
    I like the concept of adding game play items to stuff packs, problem is sometimes I don't want the other stuff, but in order to get the premium item I need to buy it. Though I won't be rushing out to buy this pack at release. All my stuff packs and game packs for Ts4 have been bought as bundles (yk the retail pack that just contains a code). But I buy them about 2 months after release. The sims 4 exp and stuff packs are not exactly flying of the shelves (for various reasons :mrgreen: ) and so far I have saved nearly 50% on retail price than if I bought directly via the site. I like stuff, but my way forward with game is to just be patient and pay less, sims 4 stuff seems to have a faster depreciation than TS3 stuff had, there are still some TS3 titles that are retailing at the same price as current TS4 stuff. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Haiden wrote: »
    I like the concept of adding game play items to stuff packs, problem is sometimes I don't want the other stuff, but in order to get the premium item I need to buy it. Though I won't be rushing out to buy this pack at release. All my stuff packs and game packs for Ts4 have been bought as bundles (yk the retail pack that just contains a code). But I buy them about 2 months after release. The sims 4 exp and stuff packs are not exactly flying of the shelves (for various reasons :mrgreen: ) and so far I have saved nearly 50% on retail price than if I bought directly via the site. I like stuff, but my way forward with game is to just be patient and pay less, sims 4 stuff seems to have a faster depreciation than TS3 stuff had, there are still some TS3 titles that are retailing at the same price as current TS4 stuff. :mrgreen:

This is exactly the reason why they are adding gameplay objects to Stuffpacks. People will have to buy them in order to get the objects. Same for hottubs. People have to buy that SP to get them, since they aren't in any EP/GP (yet). It's a tactic :P
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Graham is awesome!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member

This is exactly the reason why they are adding gameplay objects to Stuffpacks. People will have to buy them in order to get the objects. Same for hottubs. People have to buy that SP to get them, since they aren't in any EP/GP (yet). It's a tactic :P

True it is.

That's why you wait and pay less :mrgreen:

That's my tactic of addressing their tactic.
  • Options

True it is.

That's why you wait and pay less :mrgreen:

That's my tactic of addressing their tactic.

Counter-tactic ;-)
  • Options

Yup that happened to me with the three first SPs. Honestly most of the content was boring and very little variety. I hate patio stuff i dont use any of the CAS items or the objects that it came with. My 10 dollars were for te hot tub and cause the devs said that it was gonna be a while before we saw hot tubs again, if ever.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah that is funny with the Sims 4 in generally. There is no resale value with any of the games since they are tied to one account and mostly DLC products. So by the time the Sims 5 comes around, Simmers can't see their Sims 4 content for the newest Sims game. It is actually quite clever on EA's part because they'll make money just from the lack of resale opportunities.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have to admit Sims 5 being confined to Origin is something that'll deter me from buying it. I do not want any more games stuck to Origin (or any server, for that matter). The only way I'd consider purchasing Sims 5 is if it manages to be beyond amazing and worth putting up with Origin to play.

Had I not gotten my Sims 3 game untied from Origin after stupidly downloading the 1.69 patch, I would've given it up and never played again out of fury. Thankfully, I did free it, so I am still playing. If I had the money to afford it, I'd buy another computer and put Origin on that for Sims 4, and leave my main computer free of it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    I have to admit Sims 5 being confined to Origin is something that'll deter me from buying it. I do not want any more games stuck to Origin (or any server, for that matter). The only way I'd consider purchasing Sims 5 is if it manages to be beyond amazing and worth putting up with Origin to play.

Well we are four years away from that haha. Even though I quite like origin. I don't live in the US so with origin i can just buy the game as soon as its out and i dont have to wait.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    At least Stuff Pack wise I see improvement. Spooky Stuff was awesome even though I knew I would use it during halloween season only and the new SP looks amazing at least CAS and the furniture looks great. Don't really care for the main concept , but they got me with the clothes and furniture.

I'm extremely negative about this game, but I'm glad stuff packs are improving and I hope they keep up the good work cause they have come a long way from luxuary stuff and cool kitchen stuff.

I hope expansion packs get to this at some point. Get Together is better than GTW, but thats not hard cause GTW was extremely bad at least in my opinion.

I know Graham works on Stuff Packs and he is probably like the only developer I like from this team. Somehow I just feel like he actually cares for the end result of the game and not just how well it wil sell.
    Graham did World Adventures and for that alone he's my hero.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    I hope there is a sims 5. I will finally have hope and can fast forward ts4 life cycle. I can only hope it's a ts2 and ts3 mashup of all the creative features both game offered, upgraded. Just keep Rachael off any development plans or power to influence for ts5.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2016
    I hope there is a sims 5. I will finally have hope and can fast forward ts4 life cycle. I can only hope it's a ts2 and ts3 mashup of all the creative features both game offered, upgraded. Just keep Rachael off any development plans or power to influence for ts5.

She leads Maxis now, so she's essentially here to stay.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ugh, sorry, had trouble with this comment due to random Maintenance pop-ups.

I think we need more balance in Clothing between Male and Female Sims, as well as Children.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.