Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would Love to see more done with age groups!

I feel like sims 4 activities, clothes and general game-play is very much aimed at the young adult or adult age groups. I find playing Children and Elderly pretty boring as, All I really have is skilling and working on relationships. I have a list of a few things I would Love to be added to give more depth to the other age ranges. Please comment and add your own. or how you make being an elder or child/teen Fun.

Child improvements:
1. To be able to go into school with the children; build skills while at school, Make friendships and Play at lunch, etc.
2. More Toys and Outdoor Playground items added. Would love to see a swing set, or tree with a swing in. Maybe some slides.
3. More Household items for children, I have decorated that many kids bedrooms after awhile they get pretty samey.
4. More fun actives as a child to do, Pester adults in new ways and show personality is new creative ways.
5. Be able to kick off when they cant get their way, or act like a angel with puppy eyes. to which the parents can give in or stay tough.
6. ADD TODDLERS PLEASE D:

Teen improvements:
1. Have parents set rules for the household (Clean family, Lazy Family,etc) then let the teens break them.
2. Sneaking out after dark is a must, with the chance of getting caught and grounded.
3. Crushes can form without the other person knowing and you can give love notes.
4. New Careers other than the 4 provided, Maybe some that will start them off to the adult Careers.
5. And again be able to go into schools and take part in the school day.
6. After school clubs, like Band practice, Chess club or Cheer Leading.

Elder improvements:
1. New skills added such as quilting/knitting, Golf.
2. Adding more choices for grandparents and grandchildren interaction.
3. Add a Golden Anniversary for elder sims who have been married since Adult, They can have a holiday or a ceremony.
4. More clothing and household products for elders.
5. Adding a extra trait slot (meaning you get 4) when aging to elder (People often become wiser with age)
6. Activities added to improve skills, like doing the papers crossword.
7. MOST IMPORTANTLY TO ME: Elders should (Not every elder) be able to start losing their minds, or other health problems that come with age. when walking around maybe they forget what they was going to do, or walk around naked a lot. I just think this gives is a realistic vibe on how age works.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Love most of your ideas, and would add an Elders' Home to them.

I'm less keen on your #7, having been there, done that with close family members; I would never, ever be able to find humour in what was in real life utterly, deeply tragic. Nothing similar to Alzheimer's or other dementias belongs in this game, IMO. I would, however, be very happy to see a second, later Elder stage that is less active than the current Elder stage. Maybe those really healthy Sims who seem to live way past their expected lifespans could head into that second Elder stage and become less active. Just not tragically so.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    Understand your option completely, and i had not honestly thought of how that addition who effect players going through those issues at home. your completely right that Real life's pain shouldn't be in the game. I just always urge for more realistic game play. and feel like more could be done with going into hospitals and health.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2016
    Freyann wrote: »
    To be able to go into school with the children; build skills while at school, Make friendships and Play at lunch, etc.
    I'm not sure how much fun this would be since the get to work active careers were extremely repetitive. If implemented, I'd like it to be less goal oriented and offer things our sim kids couldn't do at home or the park.
    Have parents set rules for the household (Clean family, Lazy Family,etc) then let the teens break them.
    This is a neat idea that is doable (at least partly) with Get Together's club system. I could essentially make a 'grounded' club banning activities like watching tv and playing computer games.
    Elders should (Not every elder) be able to start losing their minds, or other health problems that come with age. when walking around maybe they forget what they was going to do, or walk around naked a lot. I just think this gives is a realistic vibe on how age works.
    I think instead of assigning this to elders, the absent minded trait should make a return. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind and I'm not an elder. I think it would be neat if sims got an additional trait slot when they aged into elders. :)

I 100 percent agree with everything else you said.