Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who can kids look like?

Cassandra Goths son is the spitting image of Alexander Goth. Cassandra is decent looking and her husband Jasper (Bob and Eliza Pancakes boy) is really handsome. I was so disappointed when Bob-Mortimer grew into a teen because Alexander is ugly :(

Comments

• Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    lol yeah I had to fix Alexander in my game, in all my saves too! Idk why they made him look so funny. But kids can look like either parent, tho they usually favor the parent that is the same gender as them. If it bothers you too much, just type in "testingcheats true" and then "cas.fulleditmode" in the cheat box and fix him.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Pretty much any combination within a family gene pool. I'm not sure how far it goes until a certain gene is "cycled out," but within 4 generations, I know for sure that whoever was part of the family genetically will pass on their features.
    Unless they're alien--because alien genetics are wonky right now, whereas upon aging their features drastically change besides skin colors--features from a grandparent, say, their nose, can skip a generation and appear in a great/grandchild.

Here's an old post I did in an old thread several months ago:
    Cement wrote: »
    2d58d5713af3fe4cc1f85eda05d4ae28.png
    He's got his grandfather from his mother's side's chin, but the shape of his mother's chin. Does that make sense? There's a slight cleft as it shows in his grandfather, but it's not as square. The slight cleft isn't part of the gene pool of his father.
    He's got his great grandfather's nose and lip shape, and was born really pale, so I'm just lightly assuming it's from his great grandfather again. His eyes are also not within the family line either. (Might be hard to see, but it isn't his great grandfather's.) He's got the Goth family cheekbones and the thin body type that are also present in his dad (but sorta hard to see since his dad's heavy set.)

Though, by majority, within 2-3 generations, most kids generally look like one of the parents, with a facial feature swap or "gender swap"--ex: son looks like the spitting image of the mother, daughter looks like her dad, etc.

And for a note
    I love Alexander Goth, his ears are so flappy and precious and I'm waiting for them to show up in a kid lol :'(
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Yeah, I feel I got very lucky with how my current household's kids came out.

Dad
    2cdanw4.jpg

Mom
    xfw8jt.jpg

Daughter
    10p9ggi.jpg

Two of the sons, the other is still a child
    27y963m.jpg
    2ztcadh.jpg