Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 doesn´t load/start - please help! - FIXED

marrolandmarroland Posts: 27 Member
I was playing my game yesterday (since i took a 3 weeks brake while playing Sims 4) and it crashed a couple of times; i knew i had to do a clean install of the game due to too many cc/mods i put in the game the last time i installed it, so i decided to unistall and install from zero again.

I waited for hours to update, pacth, etc., and after a clean start i went in the game and downloaded all my store content...

Besides not installing the Worlds yet, i downloaded and installed the rest, no mods or cc from outside The Sims 3 Store. My game is clean vanilla, just a few store content i had for years.

Then i decided to restart the game because it was taking too long to install the Worlds, but the game never started again; not even without taking all Cache files from it...

Another odd thing was that when i open the launch, it took hours to load which is weird because my game has no cc or mods at this point!

Is someone having this same problem right now?---please help!
Post edited by marroland on

Comments

• Options
    SRF2015SRF2015 Posts: 53 Member
    Store CC can still effect your game sometimes. I had a few store items and my game was doing the same thing, I removed them file by file and I finally found the file that was corrupting it! Go figure, it was a store item. I would make sure the game can load by its self normally in plain vanilla before adding any store items or cc. Hope it works!
  • Options
    Thank you much SRF2015, i dind´t want to come to that conclusion just yet but go figure! I also remember that i now have Windows 10 so maybe i have to change something in the way i start the game, however, i will try what you said to dicard that issue too!. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Hi, just to let everybody knows that i fixed the problem by changing the compatibility properties because my computer just updated to Windows 10:

•For Vista / Win 7 Users: Right-click on the shortcut/exe file, choose properties - compatibility and change the following setting (these are translation, the actual option might be called differently)
    •Run in Windows XP (ServicePack 2) compatibility mode
    •Turn off visual design
    •Turn off desktop-design
    •Run as administrator