Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never Ending Fire

AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
I'm sure this is a bug, I have no idea what causes it, but my sims house (downloaded from the gallery, not relevant) has been on fire for like 40 minutes. I have nothing to lose (besides a budding pregnancy, though that's not a big deal to me). I'm just like... wondering if anyone else has experienced this before? It's funny, but I can't even imagine what causes this to happen.

Yes, I have mods btw, but none that should be causing this... I wouldn't think. Everything else is functioning as normal.

New baby on the way, burnt birthday cake in the oven, caterer who's probably going to sue my sims family, and never ending flames.

2hybif9.jpg
9rkrr6.jpg
35apuug.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/29655e/9
(video - I suggest you turn your volume down or off because the smoke detector...)

Tempted to let the house just burn down and see what happens because there's literally nothing I can do.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it is impossible for this house to burn down (Video 2 link)

http://tinypic.com/r/2wf8z6p/9

Cutting my losses and just exiting without saving. Clearly she was pregnant with an evil baby, the cake was evil, or the house was evil, but I give up lol.
mabeqr.jpg
2m60a6q.jpg
*There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.

Comments

• Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Burn baby, burn!

I hope you figure it out
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Burn baby, burn!

I hope you figure it out

Thank you. I edited my post with an update and posted another video. I tried to leave it on max speed and just let it burn out. The fire wouldn't spread or stop so I had to just exit out.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    What cuaght my eye me more.. your child has purple hair too? If so.. the genetics have failed me once again in ts4.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I had this happen once to me and I just had to crash TS4 through task manager lol. I deleted the auto save file and then carried on for months with the same game and everything played as normal... well, minus the usual bugs and such. :s
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »
    What cuaght my eye me more.. your child has purple hair too? If so.. the genetics have failed me once again in ts4.

It's custom content hair, I just chose the color for her. She was actually made before her mother was lol. Used to be just her and her dad, but I decided I wanted her to have a mother.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I had this happen once to me and I just had to crash TS4 through task manager lol. I deleted the auto save file and then carried on for months with the same game and everything played as normal... well, minus the usual bugs and such. :s

Aw, sorry to hear you experienced it too. I don't understand what causes it, but that was pretty annoying albeit slightly interesting. Glad to hear the glitch didn't pop up again. Next time I'll have the mother read a cooking book first... It's funny because I just so happened to by the sprinkler and fire alarm, there weren't any before.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I only let them make salad until level 2 :) .
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    starcrunch wrote: »
    I only let them make salad until level 2 :) .

I know you're right... Idk what I was thinking. Figured even if it was gonna set on fire it would be fine. They're a rich family so I decided to hire a caterer (didn't feel like throwing a birthday party) ofc though you can't tell the caterer what to cook lol. So I just bought another stove and had the mom bake the cake (I could have just went into cas, I play with aging off). Bit me in the butt. xD
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I now always have them eat while watching the cooking channel least that way they will level up a little quicker but having a sim inspired will also greatly reduce the chance of a fire. In fact I don't think I've ever had an inspired sim start a fire even with no cooking skill. Don't quote me on that as a 'rule' though, I might be wrong! :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I now always have them eat while watching the cooking channel least that way they will level up a little quicker but having a sim inspired will also greatly reduce the chance of a fire. In fact I don't think I've ever had an inspired sim start a fire even with no cooking skill. Don't quote me on that as a 'rule' though, I might be wrong! :)

Well now the game is just getting weird. Four try for babies in a row and she's failed to conceive. I've never had it fail that many times and it worked on the first play through on the fire play though.

I'll try and remember the inspired tip next time then. I have the Sims 3 plumbob lights, so that should help for some inspired moods in the kitchen.

Edit:
    5ullzm.jpg
    This family is cured or this sim is. Seriously, the game doesn't want her to have another child. >,<

5th times a charm!
    2dlixbs.jpg

Now to save the game.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've had a sim fail to conceive three times in a row. But that's been the most. Ironically, when she got pregnant finally, it was with twins.

As for the fire... that is insane! I'm wondering if you could have went into manage world and bulldozed the lot (while the fire wouldn't go out)? I'm not sure if that is even possible in Sims 4 as I've never tried to do it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I've had a sim fail to conceive three times in a row. But that's been the most. Ironically, when she got pregnant finally, it was with twins.

As for the fire... that is insane! I'm wondering if you could have went into manage world and bulldozed the lot (while the fire wouldn't go out)? I'm not sure if that is even possible in Sims 4 as I've never tried to do it.

Well Mom sim is pregnant and finally got to age up the daughter. :) I "cheated" (mc cmd center) and checked what the baby was going to be and it seems it's a single birth (female), she hasn't even started showing yet and is busy crying in her daughters bed, but I wanted to make sure I knew this time in case any more glitches happened.

When there's a fire on the lot you can't edit it, you can't leave, and you can't go to manage worlds. I even tried to use bb.enablefreebuild and the cheat activated, but I couldn't edit the lot. I also tried to click on the mailman walking by hoping I could go into cas and have it switch households, but it wouldn't let me go into create a sim either.

Crazy sim day, the mother is obviously mourning, but besides all of the disaster before, I finally have things going the way I wanted them to. (Aging up some children into teens around the world, and starting new births where necessary).

287kthl.jpg
    27yrbip.jpg

On to the next household... :s
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    Awww. The daughter is super pretty!

Sorry my idea was a bust. I've not had the glitch of endless fire so I wasn't sure if you could do that or not.

Maybe the mom is having Butterfly Effect type flashbacks :D Poor woman. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Thanks. :)

No worries on the advice, I appreciate the thought lol.

Probably a good thing emotional trauma doesn't affect sims the way it would irl cause that woman's been through the wringer lol. That first baby had to be the Grim Reaper 2.0.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    LOL :D ...
    p8L4V6v.png