Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Not Sleeping in Beds

I've just started playing again for the first time since July. Of course, I had to update the game in order to install "Get Together" and start playing again, so I don't know if it's the EP or a patch that's caused the problem. For some reason, my sims will not sleep in their beds unless I specifically click on the bed and tell them to sleep. Instead, if they're tired, they'll head for a sofa or bench. Even if someone else is sitting there -- or even napping -- my sim will still try to squeeze in and sleep there, as well.

I typically play families, not single sims, and I like to use the "auto-solve" feature as I'm managing larger households. It's very frustrating for me as a player to think my sim is going to bed only to discover that he or she has once again crashed on the couch. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

I've tried to ignore it and/or be sure I'm clicking on the bed when I want a sim to sleep, but it's annoying enough that I finally decided to post here in the feedback section. Something needs a little tweaking, I think. If a sim's need for sleep is in the red, he/she should have sense enough to go to bed and sleep, not try to curl up on the couch in the midst of a busy household.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Have you pulled Mods out?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Have you pulled Mods out?

I have no mods or custom content at all. Straight plain vanilla game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This should be in bugs section.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This should be in bugs section.

Oh, I thought this was the bug section.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    This is a feed back section. for your information.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options

Yes, it is. The only "bug" category I found pertained to Mods, so I thought Feedback was where I should post about a minor problem. I didn't know I was doing something horribly wrong, and I'm extremely sorry if I've offended you or any other poster by such a huge mistake.
  • Options
    EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    I made a house with 5 children and they were only given the option to "sit" on some, even after they were claimed and no monsters had appeared. I to resell the bed and buy singles... It happened again with one the next day and had to resel. Not sure what gives.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

Oh, but can you tell us where the bug section is? I’m trying to find it
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »

Oh, but can you tell us where the bug section is? I’m trying to find it
    It’s here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    They got rid of the little bug section for this forum, but this one uses the same account you’d use to sign in here.