Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Did You Get Hooked on The Sims?

Comments

• Options
    Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    When I was like 7 and the Sims 2 was in it's late days, I was reading a Barbie magazine (remember those things???) and I saw an ad for it, I thought it looked cool, but my parents wouldn't let me get it because I was too young, so I just gave it up and eventually forgot about it. Then in December 2013 my parents gave me some money for christmas, and I was looking for something to buy with it. I was watching a christmas present haul video and the girl had gotten some TS3 expansions for christmas, and that's when I remembered how much I'd wanted it as a little kid, so I asked my parents and they let me get a copy.
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    I didn't get hooked on The Sims. The Sims got hooked on me.

Other than that Russia joke, I got hooked on it since I am a big fan of Simulations in general. My first Maxis game was SimCity 3000. Since I thought simulating life was too complex, I scrapped ideas of Maxis making it. Until The Sims Social appeared.

Social proved me that these type of Simulation games were possible. Then I saw on a game store the TS3 Starter Pack. So, I was shocked when I figured out that the original came out last 2000! I bought the game, and that started my whole life with The Sims.
    I'm back!
  • Options
    HappySimMaxHappySimMax Posts: 79 Member
    I watched my mum play the original The Sims and began playing Sims 2 when I was around 6 or 7 lol
  • Options
    pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    I had a Gamecube when I was like 12 and I had The Sims for that, then the Urbz. In grade 9 my friend gave me her old disc of the TS2, and I fell in love with the PC version of the game. Been playing ever since!
    Get off my lawn!
  • Options
    mercimerci Posts: 60 Member
    The Sims was one of the first games on my super old computer. One of the only ones I could play. That and Rollercoaster Tycoon or Theme Park Tycoon game. Something like that.

I played it so much and fell in love with it. I played each sims ever since including life stories games except for 2. Sims 2 was my favorite. I had so much fun reading the biographies and it just felt really, really funny. I liked the animations for making out and stuff.

I liked Sims 3 too, but my game always seemed to have only old people and be empty when i got to a bar or something ...
  • Options
    VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    I think I started playing sims 1 around the time Sims 2 was in the middle of it's prime time. Then I played sims 2 up until sims 3 came around in 2009, and that's when I got 100% fully obsessed where I would eat, sleep and breathe the sims. I've calmed down a lot now though.

@merci Rollercoaster Tycoon/Theme Park Tycoon was the best
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I was hooked since TS1. I had heard EA was coming out with it, and read the details about it, and I thought it would be cool! So I bought it once it became available to me, and I played it day and night. I started it in 2000 the year it came out:)
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    The first Sims game I played was The Sims 2 on the good old Playstation 2 (which I still own - both the console and the game). I then started playing The Urbz: Sims in the City, which then ended the Playstation 2 era when I got The Sims 2 on PC. It sadly didn't work on my laptop, then I got Sims Pet Stories (I no longer have either of these games). I then got The Sims 2 Pets from one of my friends and the Playstation 2 was back. When I got my Playstation 3, I no longer had a place to play my Playstation 2, so The Sims 3 on the Playstation 3 took over. About 3-4 weeks ago, I managed to get a TV that has a SCART lead in it, so the Playstation 2 is back (my sister plays Kingdom Hearts 2 on it a lot, so I don't get a chance to play on it much).
  • Options
    Oh, The Sims Bustin' Out on the N-Gage. Memories.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Oh I loved the sims, When I saw the sims for the first time and played it, I had so much fun with it. Especially the urbz. Oh gosh. I still love the sims. I was also watching sims videos and I just got very hooked and i said I need the sims! I attempted to get showtime but it didnt work out well and i just got the sims for pc for the first time. But I've been playing since The sims 2. Ive also seen that the PC version was better than console and all that so i was VERY hype to get ts4.
  • Options
    LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    My friend who played the game even before I did got me into it although before that I had heard about it, but never played it.
  • Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    I played the Sims 1 and 2, but it was the Sims 3 that got me hooked!
  • Options
    GnarlyGnarly Posts: 55 Member
    I got hooked in 2000, my older sister was playing it as her friend got her into TS1 and I would watch them play for hours. When she was gone I was able to play then. Sooner the Living Large Xpack came out and I could no longer play it without my sister in the room, due to the heart bed... :wink:

She got older as did I and I am still playing Sims. Just recently got married myself and moved, started a new life but yet here I am again, drawn back to the sims. I played TS1 and 2 skipped 3 and now I'm on TS4. :D
    giphy.gif
    (∩▂∩)/\(∩▂∩)
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I got hooked on the Sims 3 for console first (XBOX 360) because I could create all my fantasy characters. When I got sims 4 I liked it, but I was more interested in the building. Since the EP City Living came out I play with my main family I created with it, and have never stopped playing that family since (long life span)
  • Options
    CleopardaCleoparda Posts: 91 Member
    It was in the summer, when I was at my friend's house. For some reason, my cousin was at my house and she played Sims. When I got home, she forgot to take her game with her and I brought it to her. Then, she asked if I wanted to play with her and well.. We were very addicted xD We both played Sims3 like crazy and everytime an expension pack would come out, we went to the store and bought it, together. She installed first and then it was my turn.. We bought all of them, LOL!
    Good times :)
  • Options
    OhItsASimmerOhItsASimmer Posts: 121 Member
    I remember my brother playing the sims 1 and I couldn't stop watching him. When the sims 3 came out, it reminded me of that memory so I decided to try it out for myself. I was hooked from the beginning, lol. I loved trapping sims in pools and drowning them XD. I wish I could go back though and try out the sims 2 since I heard it was pretty good :/
  • Options
    honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    i think it would've been about 2002. i heard someone (a classmate or my sister maybe??) talking about it so i somehow managed to afford every single expansion pack. miss my homeboy bob newbie
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • Options
    xGravityGirlxGravityGirl Posts: 225 Member
    I'd seen Youtubers play TS3, so I got it and then got involved in TS4 and here we are now!
  • Options
    neeneeninjaneeneeninja Posts: 19 Member
    In like 2007 I went to my brothers house and played some sims, was pretty young then and didn't really know what I was doing, but been playin since.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    2002 I bought my first computer and didn't know what to install on it other than knowing I wanted to try out this game called The Sims that I'd heard about. I started with the first House Party bundle (the one without LL) which I quickly fell in love with, then I bought Livin' Large (gawd that pack has some ugly things in it. lol) and discovered the pitfalls of installing the packs in the wrong order. Thanks Maxis! ;)
    I soon bought the other packs that were out at the time and eventually a newer computer to run them all well and in preparation of the fast approaching Sims 2 launch.

Sims 2 I followed the whole way through, buying each ep pack at launch, enjoying the community and just loving the game so much that I just wasn't ready for Sims 3 when it launched. I still had lots of things to try out and do in 2 but I bought 3's base game anyway because I love the series but it just didn't gel for me. I've since bought most of the expansions, mostly in sales and such and I'm having fun discovering what the packs have to offer but 2 always calls back to me.

With Sims 4 I decided to wait for a bit before jumping into the expansion pack train again but I picked up base game last year and love the art style this time around and I'm excited about what's coming next.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Back in 2006 I saw my aunty playing the sims 2 and I thought omg this looks so fun!! so I played it for a couple of hours and fell in love with it!! My aunty brought me the sims 1 and 2 (all the expansions) and I was hooked from that day onwards!! Later on what 2009 I brought the sims 3 and omg I LOVED IT and to this day I still do!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    Waaaay back sims 1. I had my first computer and promptly purchased Sims with some allowance. Been hooked ever since. What I can't remember is how I found out about that game... probably through a friend a school. This was close to launch, no expansions out. Wow, sims has come a long way.
  • Options
    LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    ChilledChaos.... His series...
  • Options
    MetaWolfieMetaWolfie Posts: 3 New Member
    Randomly bought Sims 1 like around 10-11 years ago. I made a chaos in it when playing. The memories...
  • Options
    DoritosConfirmedDoritosConfirmed Posts: 42 Member
    True Simmers come out the womb addicted to Sims. ;)