Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Started a new Sims 3 Story!

SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
It's kind of a legacy challenge thing but I'm focusing more on the story than the rules. I'm doing a Perfect Genetics thing. There's 3 chapters up so far, let me know what you think!!! :D I'm really excited about this, so far it's my favorite story I've ever written! There may not be a lot of pictures, or none at all in some chapters, depending on how wrapped up in the game I get or if I can get good facial expressions from my sims. Haha. Here it is!! Also, let me know how easy the site is to navigate because I tried to make it as easy as possible.
https://simintoxication.wordpress.com/

Background/Description: Ashleigh Boone was a spoiled woman from a wealthy family. When she became a teenager, her parents began threatening to kick her out on her own if she didn't contribute and learn some responsibility. Of course, Ashleigh didn't believe them. She figured they adored their daughter too much. Boy, was she wrong. The second she hit young-adulthood she was thrown out and forced to make a life for herself. She is a rebellious, mean-spirited, over emotional Diva who hates children. The worst thing that could happen to her is to have kids and get stuck in a marriage. Of course, she's not against marrying for money...She'd just have to find a way to get rid of the guy AND keep his money...

**Edited to add the background/description.
"Don't wish...Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
Origin ID: Simintoxication

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I'll give a little feedback- this is just me: I started reading it as a Sims Story but I stopped after a few sentences because I like pictures in Sim stores.
    I know it's probably weird to hear but I am so used to having a Picture with a few sentences and not a few chapters with only a few pictures. I loose interest only because I'm looking for a Sim story with pictures. -For what it's worth. :)

Good Luck! I hope you get lots of readers. :+1:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I have to admit that I'm really bad at reading and writing stories about Sims.

When I write I use mostly pictures and write a few words to either give context or background info. Or to explain what's happening in the pic or what interested me about it.

When reading I look at the in game pictures and read a few words to see what the poster said about the picture. If there is a lot of text with the pictures I might read a bit of it but I'll mostly just skip it.

If I come across a lot of text with no pictures I don't start reading. I just move on to the next post.

The only time I'll read lots of text is if. Someone is asking for or giving technology help with some aspect of the game or their computer or custom content issues.
  • Options
    Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    @SimpleIntoxication I read your story, and since I have WP I followed and liked to encourage you because I know how exciting it is to see that pop up. I have a few thoughts, and I'm trying to be constructive.

First, I think you have a good plot that's sure to have lots of drama and twists. It's a solid foundation to start from.

I would agree with PPs though to include more, bigger pictures. It's hard to emotionally connect and empathize with the sim without a good idea what she looks like, and there's no picture of your founder in Chapter 1.

Lastly, I think you did too good a job of painting how horrible Ashleigh is. She needs some kind of redeeming quality that makes the reader want to root for her even though she has issues and have hope that she's going to overcome. Make a way to make the reader care about her so they care about her story.
  • Options
    SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    Thanks for the comments(: I'll try to incorporate more pictures with the next story I do, but sadly this save game got corrupted and I hadn't made a backup yet :( So now I have to start over. I'll post a link here with the new story when I get it all set up, so if you guys want you can read it.
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
  • Options
    AngelLily060AngelLily060 Posts: 65 Member
    @SimpleIntoxication sorry to hear your game got corrupted! I think the story line is great! I think it is really interesting since most stories have a "founder" that are nurturing and hardworking, this is something new! However, I think you should add some more pictures. Just a few even. And I would make them bigger too. There is so much text and so few pictures that making them so small makes the text even more overwhelming. Good luck!