Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You're not done with Jealousy Maxis I hope you know

I hope you all think you're not done, because reactions to cheating and affairs is still not properly done.
The initial reaction is great, fine, the PROBLEM is after! Even with the Very Angry or Very Sad moodlet all 3 then have an upbuilding conversation after getting caught in the act and slapped. The mistress isn't even hated by the wife, they're INDIFFERENT, and if left on their own become the best of friends!

It's jarring, it's sloppy, it highlights how crappy the emotions system is and it ruins all immersion.

Don't even get me started on when family and friends that is not the spouse sees an affair taking place in the same room they are, and proceeds to do nothing.

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Agree completely. I was playing sims 3 yesterday and was reminded how bad Sims 4's jealousy reactions are. The aftermath is the most bothersome since they shouldn't be kissing and hugging after being cheated on.
    Screenshot-10_zps37bee8d2.jpg
    Screenshot-11_zpsw1lj2xsc.jpg

As you can see her husband broke up with her after she didn't stop accepting my sim's advances. It's been 3 days now and she's still sad about her husband leaving her and won't accept any romantic advances if she does come over.

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I just get annoyed sometimes that romance is such an easy thing to do in this game (almost as easy as friendship) but there is no option for an open relationship and the Player trait is the only way to have more than one fling going on in the open.

If romance was a difficult, long-term goal, I would understand. But it's so easy, so the forced monogamy can be annoying.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io