Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @chocis2 Ahhh! Hi! :heart::heart::heart: I have missed you! Seeing your comment on WP made me happy enough, but seeing you back here too is even better :) I’ve missed your awesome insights!

That’s an excellent point about Emberlynn’s manipulation abilities (it’s almost scary, isn’t it? :joy:) She doesn’t REALLY believe any of those awful things she said about people who need therapy. But man, was she convincing. I think she even scared herself a bit at how believable she was :grimace: Part of all that guilt and conflict that’s eating her up right now! I’m glad that despite how unpleasant it was, you enjoyed this one. We get to see Emberlynn in a way we’ve never seen her, and the twins in a way we haven’t seen them either — because EVERYONE can be cruel and mean and EVERYONE has vulnerabilities... Even sweet girls like Ember and ‘evil’ villains like the Ziegler twins. (I don’t think we will ever know their full story of why they need therapy though... but we’ll see!)

Glad you liked the earring throwback too! I’ve never pointed them out before, but any time Ember’s hair isn’t down, you can see that she wears the earrings every single day. They really do mean a lot to her, even years later :heart:

Again, so thrilled to see you back again :heart: Hugs to you!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @Spinfur Thank you so much for checking out my story! It’s a wild ride, and I’m so glad you’re enjoying it :heart: Thanks for taking the time to read, and also to stop by the thread and share your thoughts :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SpinfurSpinfur Posts: 33 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Oh yeah it 100% is a wild ride, I'm writing now reading Jocelyn's story and I think I relate to her the most since we're both theater kids going to school for theater haha.

But when I read Mari's story I was gutted because I felt for her throughout the whole thing and it was sad, also enjoyed the twins' story as well seeing them be so different but have such a good relationship (mostly)

Can't wait to continue to catch up like I said though because I can only imagine the drama that's coming up.

I also think it's quite interesting you incorporate german culture into it as well with all the german words and all that, it was quite a pleasant thing to get me more immersed into the story told through these journals.
  • Options
    @Spinfur Ahhhh Gen 4 will always be one of my favorites! (Mari's gen (2), Joce's (4), and then the two most recent gens, 7 and 8 (in progress right now!) are my personal favorites, though I obviously love all my heirs and their stories!) Glad you're enjoying Jocelyne's journey! And I miss Mari. That was a heart-wrenching but fun gen to write!

Please brace yourself, because the drama gets... intense at times LOL. You ain't seen nothing yet :joy:

Glad you're enjoying the German cultures and language I sprinkle in! I get lazier and lazier about it as the story moves on, unfortunately haha but I enjoy trying to squeeze it in when I can! My friend @Julyvee94 (and also lately my other friend @Damaro !) have been so helpful with that side of things!

Thanks again for reading :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited March 2019
    um so Harper and Devon (and what's ever is the step-mother and the father's name on the other side the ones who supposedly meet in a circus) still alive? How old are they??
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee Yup, all still around! Phee and Harper both kept up the “have kids really young” tradition so they aren’t very old at all! :)

Phoenix is 39 right now (so not even 40 yet!) and his parents/step parents are around 60 or so :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14

So I just finished up the Gen 4 Arc and you've officially broken me like my god, that final moment when Jocelyn is talking to Lucas' urn and the his ghost shows up is the moment I literally had to step away and calm my emotions because I could not continue reading because that was just overwhelmingly good. Now onto Zayne's arc and hopefully there isn't that much of an emotional roller coaster as there was with Jocelyn but I honestly wouldn't put it past you haha.
  • Options
    @Spinfur Oh man... I really loved writing that chapter and giving Joce and Luc their closure at long last! I remember literally crying while writing it... such an intense moment! I’m glad that it was able to touch you so deeply :heart:

Good luck with the next two generations... :joy: And thank you again for reading!!!!!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Happy Sunday! Hope everyone's weekends have been going well!

Today, Emberlynn and Phoenix have a talk. Will she finally open up? :scream:

8.29: Alignment Shift
    EAOKLSZ.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Did Phoenix take a Mental Health First Aid class during his university years?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So glad that Emberlynn went to her Dad! It was the best choice for her. Phoenix is being such a good Dad! He said all the right things that Emberlynn needed to hear without digging too deep for information. Now to see if Emberlynn apologize's or not...

@CitizenErased14 The way you write puts you beyond your years! Well done!! :)<3
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I'm happy that Emberlynn finally had that talk with her dad. I'm sure it has lifted a great weight off her mind. Phoenix handled the situation very well as he should considering his profession. I hope she will now find the strength to apologize to the twins and clear her conscience. I love the references to D&D characters to explain how they are acting and feeling in the last couple of generations. Bad decision = bad roll of the dice.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Therapist Father of the Year award goes to Phoenix! <3
  • Options
    @MadameLee Since he has a degree in Psychology, I think the courses he took were much more advanced than that! :) But he is definitely skilled at helping others through mental health crises!

@haswh Your words about my writing are way too sweet! Thank you! :heart: Phee was definitely the right person to turn to here. Like you said, he had the perfect balance of telling her what she needed to hear while not pushing too hard and driving her away.

Apologizing will be risky, but I think it’s the right thing for both her AND the twins. She needs that peace of mind and, no matter how awful they were to her, they really need to hear it too.

@suzanna13 A huge weight lifted for sure! She felt so guilty and so wrong after what she did, and I think she just needed to get it all out. So much has been changing for her in a short amount of time, and this whole fiasco has been the culmination of all of that.

Phee is definitely a caring father :heart: And between him and her uncles, they’ve taught her well when it comes to making D&D connections with real life ;) Hehehe

@AudreyFld Phoenix gratefully accepts :joy: Now if only he could handle his marriage as well as he handles his kids! :grimace:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Okay I'm back again with an update about how caught up I'm on

I finished Zayne and Harper's arcs and I have to say that I think Zayne is my least favorite Rosebrook out of all the generations I just didnt really click with him and he was too much of a fire cracker that I didn't really enjoy it.

Like I understood where he was coming from in each of his arcs, but I just think he always went the wrong direction in thinks, at least I felt for Harper when she did those terrible things because she was trying to protect the people she loved, and like I appreciated how crafted she was throughout everything, and even though she did terrible things, I could still relate and see where she's coming from.

I can't relate to Zayne though he kinda just annoyed me throughout the time he was in the story since he was just a bit arrogant and overbearing.

However this isn't a testament to your writing because I still enjoyed reading him, and you still drove emotions out of me with anger and stuff and he's not a bad written character he's just a character I don't like :tongue:

However now I'm on Pheonix and I already love him from him playing D&D and just being an innocent little bean in general. I'll be so sad when his heart will break and he will suffer through the Rosebrook cycle of emotions and drama because his family is cursed :disappointed:
  • Options
    @Spinfur You’re getting so close! :scream: Speedy! :tongue:

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! It’s okay to not like Zayne — both he and Harper have been my two most controversial heirs by far. Lots of people who didn’t like those two (so I’m glad that you liked at least one of them, anyway! :tongue:)

That’s part of why Phee is the way he is... after his mother and grandfather, we needed a break! :joy: I’m happy you’re enjoying him! He’s so fun to write! Though you’re right — he IS a Rosebrook and is definitely doomed to become a victim of the family curse eventually :grimace: Some people are blaming the journals! :joy: Maybe they’re jinxed :scream:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Definitely the journals fault!! :D:scream:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @pammiechick Next heir should burn theirs the moment Ember tries to give him one :joy:

Chapter coming tomorrow! Last teen chapter, at last!
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Happy Friday!!!

Today, we bid goodbye to the teen arc :)

8.30: Okay Again
    hOSgf0S.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Great ending to the teen years! <3 Emberlynn has learned a lot but I really hope she can carry it through to her young adult life. Very excited for extra chapters! :)
  • Options
    @haswh we’ll see soon which lessons stuck and which didn’t... :tongue: I’m glad you’re excited for next week’s chapters! Hopefully they don’t disappoint :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Hope everyone had a lovely weekend :heart: Don't forget that we are getting two chapters this week :scream: One tomorrow, one Wednesday! See you then :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Happy Monday!

Today we go wordless as we see some of the big changes in Ember’s life since the last time we checked in!

8.31: Forbidden Fruit
    XnUdSOd.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    O.K. I am totally at sea here. Trying to figure out who is who. Glad the suspense will be over Wednesday.
  • Options
    Is Pheonix having a midlife crisis?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top