Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ohhhhh, I have a bad feeling about ths chapter...
    EDIT: Not as bad as I thought... I have a feeling drama ensues... :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Talking about that topic is indeed embarassing! I can understand Mari's reaction... her parents did a nice job nevertheless ;)
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    This got me wondering, did all of you guys have a "woohoo talk with your parents"? Cause I never did and never needed to. I had pretty "knowledgeable" friends who kept discussing things on our way to school. Although they were not so knowledgeble as they thought then. When I think back of some things they were saying I have to laugh today. :smiley:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    This got me wondering, did all of you guys have a "woohoo talk with your parents"? Cause I never did and never needed to. I had pretty "knowledgeable" friends who kept discussing things on our way to school. Although they were not so knowledgeble as they thought then. When I think back of some things they were saying I have to laugh today. :smiley:

My mom gave me a book, and then I knew more than I needed to at that age :D
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

As a teenager myself, my parents have not yet gave me the "woohoo talk" and I don't think they are planning to do so.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2016
    My parents would NEVER have had that kind of talk with me, but I certainly did with all my kids (four of them). Sorry...but I am THAT kind of mom. Did it when they were 10.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    :lol: Love this discussion!

Mine had a very basic one with me when I was 10 or 11. But it was basically about the mechanics of it :lol: Nothing about the moral implications or anything, which Jade and Alex definitely touched upon with Mari.

I am not planning on having a chapter like this EVERY generation. :tongue: It just seemed to me that, with Jade as your mother, there's no way it's not gonna come up :lol: And Alex and Jade's differing POVs on the subject also seemed interesting to explore! And how Mari interprets it and how their takes on sex affect her own life and choices too. (Sorry, getting author-y here! :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Love that you switch up the POV's--helps to deepen the characterization! And Mari is SUCH a teen right now. Makes me laugh.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Haha, I'm glad my mother hasn't tried to give me that talk yet! But I remember when I was about 5 or 6 I found a book going into some pretty gory details about the subject... I definitely shouldn't have been reading it, but I'd read almost every other book in the house! I remember telling all my friends about it the next day at school like it was a horror story... I cringe just thinking about how naive I was when I was a kid!
  • Options
    Hello all! I come bearing two gifts: Today's chapter and some good news! :tongue:

I am going away Friday through Monday. I'll be on the forums and WP a little while I'm gone (it's a trip that will involve a lot of sitting around and doing nothing :lol:). Getting lovely comments and WP notifications will help amuse me... So for those four days, you guys will get *drumroll* daily updates! Yay! :tongue: Then we will go back to the usual every-other-day schedule after that :)

And here is today's chapter!

IMG]
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I'm happy to read that they have the same thoughts on woohoo, he's a keeper ;)
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    I know I just commented in your blog post but forgot to mention how excited I am about daily updates for a week!! WOOT!
  • Options

And to think everyone was so nervous @Sterretjeee :lol: I think Dust to Dust has ruined everyone. They always assume the worst is coming :tongue: Mari and Diego are so cute together :blush:

@VIRTUALEE I'm excited too!!! :) It's not a whole week though, just four days. I am not that generous. :tongue: (also, I don't have enough chapters done for that either hehehe)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Yay for daily updates!! And great chapter.,
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I think Dust to Dust has ruined everyone. They always assume the worst is coming

Dust to Dust ruined my faith... XD Just waiting for the moment when everything comes crashing down, just like D2D...
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    I'm happy for them. And yay for daily updates!
  • Options
    The first of our daily updates is here! :) I just wish it was a bit happier...

l7GUxiz.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    That's so sad! Luckily she has a sweet boyfriend to support her!
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Bjorn and her Grandma, that's too sad! And completely unrelated, Mari looks exactly like her mom but with Alex's coloring.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Ruby10990 Hahaha actually she really resembles Alex's sister, Danica, more than anyone! Or at least, I think she does! :) Her nose and lips are very much like her aunt. Her eyebrows and the fullness in her cheeks are definitely from Jade. Coloring is Alex, of course!

Trying to decide where the eye shape comes from. Maybe Jade too?
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    At least she has Diego. :3

But seriously, that first picture and the title... Such a scare. Lol.
  • Options
    You scared me with that title! Poor Mari, I hope things improve for her soon.
  • Options
    Hahahaha I was a little evil/misleading with this one ;) Thanks for reading, guys!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    almost missed the update today errrrg, I even have this thread bookmarked, ::walks away ashamed::
  • Options
    *ashamed of Virtualee* :tongue:

Time jump time! This chapter is a bit unique :lol:

EVAmNdA.jpg
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top