Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collectables to value to sell?

I imagine we all have a different threshold for such a thing, and I realized my sim I was just playing has something I may never sell.
I was playing an alien, with a carters XL display case, and I decided I should take a break when I saw I had an ingot worth over 5 million simoleans.

Should I sell it? Should I build an elaborate display? Should I keep transmuting it? Is there a cap on item value?

Did I already get carried away?

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    First of all WOW!! Here is what I would do, keep the first one see if you can get another then sell the second...unless you Really need the $$. I know nothing about transmuting, I think I touched on it with my Genie a zillion years (months) ago, or was that with a witch???

Going to look up transmuting.....
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Well, "transmute" is used for a lot of things, in this instance, the display case lets you combine gems or metals, thats "transmute", and then with the alien, you can transmute again, gems and metals, but in this situation it simply upgrades the item, you can only do it so many times per item but it often changes an item to a more valuable one.

When you think of the witch, Conversion Ritual is very random and can turn your items from into almost anything from a donut to a fish in a bowl, wich you can scoop out of the bowl, and then possibly transform into another... fish in a bowl lol.

In the case of the witch though its more over powered, you can conjure an apple and transform it until you get something you want, with gem collecting the possibility for abuse is endless, especially since when you cut a gem it produces gem dust wich can be transformed into more gems and cut again.

But honestly if you have supernatural, a werewolf is the best for collecting pretty much anything.

Ok, I think I've rambled enough, I think I'm going to go start a homeless werewolf in moonlight falls :D
  • Options
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Well, "transmute" is used for a lot of things, in this instance, the display case lets you combine gems or metals, thats "transmute", and then with the alien, you can transmute again, gems and metals, but in this situation it simply upgrades the item, you can only do it so many times per item but it often changes an item to a more valuable one.

When you think of the witch, Conversion Ritual is very random and can turn your items from into almost anything from a donut to a fish in a bowl, wich you can scoop out of the bowl, and then possibly transform into another... fish in a bowl lol.

In the case of the witch though its more over powered, you can conjure an apple and transform it until you get something you want, with gem collecting the possibility for abuse is endless, especially since when you cut a gem it produces gem dust wich can be transformed into more gems and cut again.

But honestly if you have supernatural, a werewolf is the best for collecting pretty much anything.

Ok, I think I've rambled enough, I think I'm going to go start a homeless werewolf in moonlight falls :D

No, I'm learning from your rambling! :)

I just started my first ever werewolf the other day, Darius Canis and his dog Daisy, they are moving to Moonlight with my other favorites. I used to hate them when I first got Supernatural because it looked like all they wanted to do was rip up the furniture, It drove me batty! I "shut them off" in options they drove me so nuts, I've since decided to expand my horizons and embrace the whole of Sims.

Actually your whole post is why I love Sims, there is constantly something new to learn....for a nice long time!
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited December 2015
    This is the kind of thing that makes me wish an object could just be deleted without being sold (of course we can use cheats to get rid of money we want to but it seems a bit much to go through). I've never used the tables for transmutating gems, at some point I'm going to have to try it, though.

My little Sim-witch Yogi has used the transformation spell on a few things and I've discovered it isn't as fool-proof as I thought it might be and as I'm trying to get better stuff there are times it just flat out fails and leaves her with nothing at all. Still, it is kind of nice in that sometimes I've had it turn a cheap, normal quality apple into a gem rock that was worth considerably more like a smoky quartz, but hey, anything is "considerably more" than 4 Simoleans, right? I haven't tried it much since she got her better wand, though.

I should get one of those transmutation tables for my NIF challenge people. That is one case where lots and lots of money is required.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I may try that as well - haven't used those tables since they first came out and don't recall how they work.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited December 2015
    I remember my daughter using them shortly after WA came out and she told me about them but I also have never used them. Of course I have to keep reminding myself that part of the reason I never got around to any of this stuff was because of something like three years of not touching my TS3 game and before then spending more time in CAW than in the game.

Okay, I really do need to stop procrastinating and get out of here. I just dread going to town so much I'll use just about anything as an excuse to get out of it--that is until I absolutely have to do it and today I absolutely have to do it.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    OK, @BSIRegina - we're not talking to you until you go into town! You are CUT OFF! lol
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    This is the kind of thing that makes me wish an object could just be deleted without being sold ...

@BSIRegina That requires MasterController.

In one game I used the display cases to transmute a bunch of gems to get each type of skull cut gem, and then transmuted metals to get each type of large ingot. I was just collecting stuff in that game. I think by that point the household already had several million in cash (and eventually increased to about $12 million if I recall correctly), so it didn't really matter anymore.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2015
    I've got this open on my computer all the time lately
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/collecting/worldadventures/transfiguration.php

I did manage to make a small skull cut tiberium - it wasn't worth as much as the gems I had to use to make it

Now I need to make a few more small skulls so I can try for a large skull cut tiberium.

Another transmogrify (I think that's the word) is done by a sim with the pyromaniac hidden trait.

I discovered this by accident when I had a child Sim try to pick up a seed knowing that child sims can't do that and I got the transmogrify option so I used it and it turned into something different. I forget what now. Then I did some research and confirmed with Master Controller that he does have the pyromaniac hidden trait.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    This is the picture that keeps deleting my previous post

Skull_Cut003.jpg

For some reason it didn't delete this post - yet.

It is a small skull cut tiberium made on Carters Display case
  • Options
    Thanks for that link @Karritz - I'll be studying it later :smile: *Need skullz*
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    This is the kind of thing that makes me wish an object could just be deleted without being sold ...

@BSIRegina That requires MasterController.

In one game I used the display cases to transmute a bunch of gems to get each type of skull cut gem, and then transmuted metals to get each type of large ingot. I was just collecting stuff in that game. I think by that point the household already had several million in cash (and eventually increased to about $12 million if I recall correctly), so it didn't really matter anymore.
    Testingcheatsenabled true >> shift >> delete also works;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I always forget about that. :s I guess I just have more faith in NRaas mods than EA anything.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Charlottesmom You should try transmuting a ghost.It is random so you could end up with a goofy slobby Chinese World Adventure type of ghost or could end up with a really beautiful ghost (Only had that happen once she was cool and should have libraried her) :'( .You take the spirits collected from ghosthunter career and combine the "Souls" to create a ghost.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom You should try transmuting a ghost.It is random so you could end up with a goofy slobby Chinese World Adventure type of ghost or could end up with a really beautiful ghost (Only had that happen once she was cool and should have libraried her) :'( .You take the spirits collected from ghosthunter career and combine the "Souls" to create a ghost.

Huh... that sounds really cool. I avoid the Ambitions careers, but this is yet another thing I must try. Thanks for the hint.
  • Options
    @Karritz I like your skull. :)

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I always forget about that. :s I guess I just have more faith in NRaas mods than EA anything.
    This one never did any harm ;) (as long as you don't delete sims that way, I believe that's not a good idea)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

That's how I got my ghosts that I placed in the garden of my Spectral Bakery build. But I went into BuyDebug to get the souls I needed.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I feel as if I just tried to read a thread in a foreign language! Is this all from WA and/or Supernatural? I really must send my sims to other parts of the world one day. Enjoyed reading this very much. :)

I don't have Supernatural yet, but have had WA for years.
  • Options

I'm really going to look into the whole transmuting thing, it sounds like fun! Right now I'm depressed because Sebastian one of my favorite vampires that my Sim Molly had just moved in with died! It was totally random, though I didn't check how hungry he was before he went to sleep. Luckily I have him saved to my library. Now poor Molly is carrying around 3 gravestones!! She must be bad luck. :(
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I've got this open on my computer all the time lately
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/collecting/worldadventures/transfiguration.php

I did manage to make a small skull cut tiberium - it wasn't worth as much as the gems I had to use to make it

Now I need to make a few more small skulls so I can try for a large skull cut tiberium.

Another transmogrify (I think that's the word) is done by a sim with the pyromaniac hidden trait.

I discovered this by accident when I had a child Sim try to pick up a seed knowing that child sims can't do that and I got the transmogrify option so I used it and it turned into something different. I forget what now. Then I did some research and confirmed with Master Controller that he does have the pyromaniac hidden trait.

You keep posting great reading meterial, I'm going to be so busy reading I won't get to play! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    I feel as if I just tried to read a thread in a foreign language! Is this all from WA and/or Supernatural? I really must send my sims to other parts of the world one day. Enjoyed reading this very much. :)

I think most of what is being discussed is World Adventures. But the ghostly thing might be Ambitions (or something else but it isn't WA or Supernatural).

@Charlottesmom - I know the feeling - I spend much more time reading or writing than playing.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

The transfiguration thing is from World Adventures. There are display... things (tables? cabinets? dunno the correct word) that came with the expansion for displaying the things you collect while adventuring. If you sort by function they are under surfaces and then misc. I believe. The one cabinet/table display thing will transmute gems and metals and apparently ghosts (collected with the Ambitions ghost hunting career) into other, better things. If you click on the link Karritz posted on the first page, it'll take you to Carl's site which explains it all in detail.
    Post edited by Surreal on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Here is from the Wiki so you guys can see how to affect the ghosts personality depending on the spirits type you use.The fun part to me is the random appearance,you can get some really neat looking ghosts

If the case is full of spirits of the same type, it will spawn an urn. The traits of the urn's ghost vary according to the spirits type.
    Spirit Type Possible Traits

Kind Spirits/Friendly Family Oriented, Good, Good Sense of Humor, Friendly, Charismatic, Virtuoso, Loves the Outdoors

Frightened Spirits/ Insane, Coward, Loner, Unlucky, Neurotic, Light Sleeper, Hydrophobic, Technophobe

Lost Spirits/ Loner, Neurotic, Absent-Minded, Artistic, Unflirty, Unlucky, No Sense of Humor, Light Sleeper

Jealous Spirits/ Loner, Hopeless Romantic, Over Emotional, Family Oriented, Clumsy, Childish, Insane

Wrathful Spirits/Evil /Mean Spirited, Evil, Grumpy, Hot-Headed, Hates the Outdoors, Can't Stand Art, Kleptomaniac

@Okblondee7 The ghosthunter career is from Ambitions you use the little soul canisters collected with the World Adventures Carters Display case.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    So... the type of spirit has an effect on the look of the ghost? Interesting...