Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Get Together became Awkward...

For me, it turned out to be from the very beginning!

Usually, when something new comes out, I like waiting to see if I like the characters before really investing anymore into them, (kind of one of the reasons I really haven't invested much into Star Wars Episode 7 beyond the intention to go and see it.) Put that into sim terminology and it means I enjoy finally interacting with the premades. Whether or not they end up in the stomach of a cowplant or with an animatronic skeleton later is always up in the air, but, in the end, the premades always remain staying in my games.

Then comes Get Together. A lot of the premades in the trailers and screens at least looked interesting and similar to Late Night's. I don't make it a priority to find and meet them all, so I wait until they show up. First encounter was with the aspiring spin master and GT cover sim, Paolo. His background is pretty normal from the onset (young adult that's a music lover, no surprise there) and he's friendly enough to hang around with. Second encounter is with Morgan, the redhead literally set in the middle of GT's cover and being one of the most recognizable faces in GT. Also surprisingly pleasant (Good and Outgoing traits, yet she's a renegade :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question: ) but that's where my surprise does set in.She's a teen in the game. That sets my mind reminiscing back to the gamescon announcement and watching the trailer here. Thinking I was wrong, I go back to the trailer to be reluctantly correct; either Paolo aged up from the time of trailer or the team set Morgan back.

awkwardrealization_by_rvu-d9jkbh5.jpg

I understand announcement trailers rarely set in stone the standard and the age difference might have been implemented for the release itself, but that little detail still didn't stop my mouth from dropping like a random dance party on stage again.
[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/colbert-jaw-drop.gif[/img]

Comments

• Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Well...
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    where is my LOL button? *snicker*
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    They could have changed her age after that trailer in order for her to be in the renegades. Perhaps they were thinking of a different back story for them and went with something else instead. Just because she is a teen now, does not mean that she was a teen when that trailer was made.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    Since parts of Windenburg weren't even done when that trailer was shown, they probably didn't have all the premades set up exactly as we have them now.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Even the Guru's cant tell teens apart from adults

That must be it xD
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Glossella wrote: »
    Oh, Paolo. You're in trouble.

LOL.. just shaking my head. I'm pretty sure the ages were changed at some point but yeah I can see how that could seem really weird. I haven't seen her yet in my game just him out at the nightclubs. I did kind of wonder if I was going to see her.
    "She lied Your Honor!"

Either way I'm still loving the game... ;).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    At least we know she'll be just as pretty as a YA :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited December 2015
    I believe they just aged her back on the final game to add more diversity, there was just 2 premade teens in the game so far. I dont played GT yet but i believe they wanted to make sure there's at least one premade child club, teen club and a YA club, right?
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Even the Guru's cant tell teens apart from adults
    Can't stop laughing at this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't get it: So you guys are basically scandalizing that a YA and a teen are a couple?! In Euorpea (Germany, Poland due to the school-system) this is something completely normal.

--> teens: 12-18, young adults: 19/20-29+ and since teens in TS4 are at least 16 (according to European (Union) law every (!) relationship with an adult is approved at this age) I don't see a problem here.

I am sorry, what is so funny about this topic?!
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    What happens at the ruins stays at the ruins.

I just have to say, you guys did amazing with Get Together. I've been around the net and it's getting great reviews! You should be proud ^^
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member

Thank you for creating Get Together. You literally made my dreams come true. <3<3
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    I don't get it: So you guys are basically scandalizing that a YA and a teen are a couple?! In Euorpea (Germany, Poland due to the school-system) this is something completely normal.

--> teens: 12-18, young adults: 19/20-29+ and since teens in TS4 are at least 16 (according to European (Union) law every (!) relationship with an adult is approved at this age).

I am sorry, what is so funny about this topic?!

I agree. Even in the States, Paolo could be 19 and Morgan 17 and I doubt it would raise any eyebrows. They make a cute couple- I'm aging her up! lol.
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I just have to say, you guys did amazing with Get Together. I've been around the net and it's getting great reviews! You should be proud ^^

So right on this Jackjack. This pack is the very best thing in the game so far. I love the town and club system. I too have been seeing raves everywhere. Cheers to all who worked on it!
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Maybe Windenburg has a low age of consent?
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited December 2015
    That's a little awkward but I guess it's something that happens a lot in real life. I guess you could just age Morgan up. I haven't met her yet and that's an interesting detail that they should've taken care of before releasing the game. They're PROBABLY going to patch that, though. Even if they don't, it's not like it'd set a bad example. Morgan looks like the typical 17 rebel girl and Paolo probably is around 20-25 ? A little awkward for a videogame but it happens.

If Morgan was a young adult and Paolo a teen, I think people would see this as funny.
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited December 2015
    So her name is Morgan, i see. She's my favorite Sim from the trailers. <3
    She's so cool and gorgeous - but I had no idea she was a teen! *heartbroken* :D
    Here's my plan: say hi to the coolest girl in town --> age her up --> get flirty --> get married. Just like real life.
    Post edited by EisbergsEnte on
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but it's 16 in the UK :p
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    In all fairness it looks like she was kissing him hahaha. Still though! :lol:
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Well! *sigh* I am sure by now at least one Guru palm smacked forehead and saying Note to Self: Make sure relationships are age appropriate. LOL <3 it!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Mightydan wrote: »

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but it's 16 in the UK :p

14 in Spain.

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »

--> teens: 12-18, young adults: 19/20-29+ and since teens in TS4 are at least 16 (according to European (Union) law every (!) relationship with an adult is approved at this age) I don't see a problem here.

This was my first thought. I'm from the UK, and the consent age is sixteen.

Teens in this game don't strike me as thirteen, they strike me as sixteen and above.

I guess people who aren't from Europe find it weird, as I know ages of consent rise worldwide.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif