Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So this whole 'group system'...

So, I decided to give the game another go after the revamp of the group system in most recent patch.

I decided to take my Bro to the gym together with his friend, and I decided that it would be a cool thing to do to train together and socialize.

I clicked at the training equipment and selected: 'Train together'. Awesome, right? Well... not really..

The sim I am in a group with does nothing. He doesn't train with me, and he just wanders off all the time instead of behaving like he is part of a group.

Am I the only one with this issue?

I mean: Get Together is even build more upon this system, and I wonder if this will happen in Get Together, what's the point of clubs then? If you're together with your club or group trying to do one activity together but half of your group just wanders off and ignores you, there is not really a point.

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    This is very troubling
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    This is very troubling

Yeah and a few minutes later he left. Without notice, he just left and was gone. Fake friends. x)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    So, I decided to give the game another go after the revamp of the group system in most recent patch.

I decided to take my Bro to the gym together with his friend, and I decided that it would be a cool thing to do to train together and socialize.

I clicked at the training equipment and selected: 'Train together'. Awesome, right? Well... not really..

The sim I am in a group with does nothing. He doesn't train with me, and he just wanders off all the time instead of behaving like he is part of a group.

I mean: Get Together is even build more upon this system, and I wonder if this will happen in Get Together, what's the point of clubs then? If you're together with your club or group trying to do one activity together but half of your group just wanders off and ignores you, there is not really a point.

So far the system works fine, but I haven't tried "train together". I've only tried "swim here together" and it seems to work. I'll try the training one later and see if it works.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

So far the system works fine, but I haven't tried "train together". I've only tried "swim here together" and it seems to work. I'll try the training one later and see if it works.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot again now too. Let's see.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    With Get Together they say Sims will ignore jobs school and just not leave like they do now, its sad you have to buy an expansion to have Sims not to run off on you mid activity.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I used the "train together" and it sort of worked -- I sent my sim Jane Sterling and her new fiancee Summer Holiday to the gym after Summer moved in (they're both Active Sims so I figured it would be appropriate). I had Jane as the active Sim when I clicked on the workout equipment and she got to work -- Summer didn't wander off but she didn't work out either, just chatted with Jane (well, she did a few situps). It wasn't till I had her as the active Sim and clicked on the equipment with Work Out Together that she got to work, and even then she was chatting more than actually exercising. (Maybe it's that Outgoing trait -- I rarely use that trait because I don't like my Sims to be that socially needy.) So it's sort of working, but maybe needs just a touch of fine tuning.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2015
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    With Get Together they say Sims will ignore jobs school and just not leave like they do now, its sad you have to buy an expansion to have Sims not to run off on you mid activity.

No, it's good the way it is since it's important to have options. But we elaborated on this topic already here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863716/group
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I used the "train together" and it sort of worked -- I sent my sim Jane Sterling and her new fiancee Summer Holiday to the gym after Summer moved in (they're both Active Sims so I figured it would be appropriate). I had Jane as the active Sim when I clicked on the workout equipment and she got to work -- Summer didn't wander off but she didn't work out either, just chatted with Jane (well, she did a few situps). It wasn't till I had her as the active Sim and clicked on the equipment with Work Out Together that she got to work, and even then she was chatting more than actually exercising. (Maybe it's that Outgoing trait -- I rarely use that trait because I don't like my Sims to be that socially needy.) So it's sort of working, but maybe needs just a touch of fine tuning.

I just tested it again, and the same thing happened with me.. my active sim started to run on the treadmill and the other Sim just stood next to me .. chatting.... and then he wandered off again to use the bathroom. When he came back, I decided to train together again but the option was gone, and I was still in a group with said sim. So, I started using the boxing thing and then he was like: yeah well goodbye. And left.

I fear for Get Together.
  • Options
    Look at the thread @rudy8292
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited December 2015
    HalloMolli wrote: »

No, it's good the way it is since it's important to have options. But we elaborated this topic already here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863716/group

Well I kinda disagree. It's not good the way it is. I mean: a group is something different compared to a club. Just because they patched the ''group revamp system'' in for free, does not mean that it has to be half baked and that you have to buy the other 50% of functionality with an EP. I don't see why Sims can't do stuff together in a group but have to be in a club to do so....

I mean when I hang out with my real life friends, I am not part of a club, I am part of a group, even though we are spending time together doing the same activities....

Little disappointed. If the only thing they actually can do together in a group system is ''talk'' it's a bit 'meh'.

They give you the option ''Train Together'' when in a group, so it should work. Do not give us the option if its not working the way it should in my opinion.
  • Options
    They just made the "old" system more flexible. That's it. Clubs is something Get Together will introduce. Please, reade the thread, we have some examples there.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member

I just tested it again, and the same thing happened with me.. my active sim started to run on the treadmill and the other Sim just stood next to me .. chatting.... and then he wandered off again to use the bathroom. When he came back, I decided to train together again but the option was gone, and I was still in a group with said sim. So, I started using the boxing thing and then he was like: yeah well goodbye. And left.

I fear for Get Together.

It seems to work fine for me. Some of them are standing cuz they only did push ups and have finished. Perhaps you can click on the individual sim who isn't doing anything and "encourage so and so to workout".

59NtZK0.png

Do you have any mods or CC? Maybe you can try repairing your game?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

No, it's good the way it is since it's important to have options. But we elaborated this topic already here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863716/group
    We can agree to disagree, I will never find Sims running off for no reason to be a good thing if anything I should have my Sim say goodbye not the NPC. Clubs should not be required to keep a group together.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited December 2015

We can agree to disagree, I will never find Sims running off for no reason to be a good thing if anything I should have my Sim say goodbye not the NPC. Clubs should not be required to keep a group together.

They are not, you can always ask the particular sim to "hang out". That's not the point of groups or clubs, though xD.

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have tried making a group of 6 kids from the neighborhood do things together. So first they went fishing, but only 3 actually fished. The others just stood there. They still can't talk while fishing, either. Then I had them do homework together and all of them sat down and started, but only one stayed there and finished. Then I had them all dance together and one stayed sitting at the table and 2 of them stopped dancing to go do their homework.

So, I've noticed it works a bit and then as tasks progress, they lose track and/or lose interest in the activities.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I've been playing with groups all day and the only time sims seem to wander off is when they need to take care of their needs (e.g. go to the toilet).
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    @Mightydan Same here! they always come back after they're done with the necessities. ^^'' and I also did train together as the OP did and if there's not enough exercise equipment for everyone to use then they tend to do push ups and things like that so idk why that happened to him. o.o~
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The system is hit or miss. I've tried interactions such as swim together, workout together, and sit together. In some instances sims will disregard the group and do something else, in my particular game an unplayable sim who was part of the group would not sit "together" but would sit on a couch across the room, or at the bar when the indicated seat was at a table for two. Selecting the "sit here and chat" option results in the sim sitting in the desired seat.

This is very concerning as the entire pack coming on Tuesday revolves around this feature. If the underlying structure implemented in the base game has these problems, we can expect them to be visibly present in the EP. As much as I would like to think they won't, I have experienced some of the issues the team allowed to ship with the game and I believe they would allow these bugs to ship with the game.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2015
    The system is hit or miss. I've tried interactions such as swim together, workout together, and sit together. In some instances sims will disregard the group and do something else, in my particular game an unplayable sim who was part of the group would not sit "together" but would sit on a couch across the room, or at the bar when the indicated seat was at a table for two. Selecting the "sit here and chat" option results in the sim sitting in the desired seat.

This is very concerning as the entire pack coming on Tuesday revolves around this feature. If the underlying structure implemented in the base game has these problems, we can expect them to be visibly present in the EP. As much as I would like to think they won't, I have experienced some of the issues the team allowed to ship with the game and I believe they would allow these bugs to ship with the game.

I wish I could say it concerns me more than it disappoints me.

This is what happens in S2 when I form a group:

Some will sit at one table.
    Others will sit at another table, etc...
    Yet, the table the main sim chose had room for 8, and the group was less than that number.

Sometimes, on dates (in S2): The one sim would sit at one table while the other would sit at another.

It appears nothing has really changed since then. This is what disappoints me.

As for the rest of my observations on the patch, I feel it deserves its own thread.

I will probably start a 'Good, The Bad, and the Ugly,' when I actually have some time since I've already seen a bit of all of it already.

I agree about it not building much faith in the EP.

Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Well with the spa the unplayable townies in your group want to go to the class that teaches them how to meditate I think that's the name for it. Anyway even if you are lucky enough to get them to the sauna with you they head to that class.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

That's my concern as well.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Yet, the table the main sim chose had room for 8, and the group was less than that number.

Sometimes, on dates (in S2): The one sim would sit at one table while the other would sit at another.

As for the rest of my observations on the patch, I feel it deserves its own thread.

I will probably start a 'Good, The Bad, and the Ugly,' when I actually have some time since I've already seen a bit of all of it already.

I find it extremely disappointing. They talked and talked about how much polish they've done to the feature, and then they patch the basics into the bg and it doesn't even work right. It took them this long to address the musical chair bug, I can only imagine if this will get attention. If nothing else it will be nerfed post launch like aliens in GTW.

Had this been a secondary feature of the pack I could almost excuse the fact they are shipping an unfinished feature, but when clubs are front and center I expect the system to work. When sims sitting together doesn't work, or even these group interactions, we're left with a broken product and no answers other than the developers awe at how amazing this pack is to them.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The group feature patched in is no different to the one in the base game. It just let's you choose whos in the group and who is out. And it has more options of things to do together.

But if a Sim isn't interested in working out, they won't. A loner Sim won't like big crowds etc.

It's the exact same as the base game mechanic. If a Sim in the group has other ideas of what's fun, they will do that. If a Sims fun meter is up, they won't play games. If a Sim is hungry, they will stop working out and eat. If a Sims social is down, they will stop and talk.

They said you only have full control over groups when you start a gathering in Get Together, and that's what overrides everything so you can play with groups in your own way.

They are just letting you choose who is in a group and who is out like most base game stuff. (groups were patched in to the Sims 3 as well I'm pretty sure)
  • Options
    They weren't going to patch in the whole Get Together mechanic for free, they are just letting you choose who is in a group and who is out to the already existing system :)
  • Options

I find it extremely disappointing. They talked and talked about how much polish they've done to the feature, and then they patch the basics into the bg and it doesn't even work right. It took them this long to address the musical chair bug, I can only imagine if this will get attention. If nothing else it will be nerfed post launch like aliens in GTW.

Had this been a secondary feature of the pack I could almost excuse the fact they are shipping an unfinished feature, but when clubs are front and center I expect the system to work. When sims sitting together doesn't work, or even these group interactions, we're left with a broken product and no answers other than the developers awe at how amazing this pack is to them.

Not true. It IS working right. The feature they polished was Get Together. What was patched was an option to choose who is in your group and who is out. That's it.

They already had options such as "work out together" or "sit together" when your Sims were in a group. You just couldn't choose your group. So they patched in the options to choose who was in your group.

---

@SimGuruAzure explained that you don't have control over what your group does and doesn't do until you start a Gathering in Get Together. That's when the game overrides what your Sims want to do, that's when it overrides where your Sims should be.

So of course you're not going to see anything different. All that's changed is you can pick who is in a social group and you can do a few more things as a group. But the base game system does not override each Sims wants and needs. So if a Sim in your group needs to go to work, they will. If a Sim in your group is hungry they will leave the Pool. Etc.