Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 CAS Ideas

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to improve CAS in TS4. My idea was that we should have an option in the relationship tab that is for girlfriend/boyfriend. I can't wait to hear your ideas!
“Did you know that ‘I told you so’ has a brother, Jacob?” she asked, cutting me off. “His name is ‘Shut up.’”- Breaking Dawn

Comments

• Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I like your idea. I also think we should be able to set initial relationship score so sims could start offas best friends or maybe even enemies.

Also I think we should b able to set skill levels in cas as it could help tell a story
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    jellywuzherejellywuzhere Posts: 141 Member
    Cool idea :)
    “Did you know that ‘I told you so’ has a brother, Jacob?” she asked, cutting me off. “His name is ‘Shut up.’”- Breaking Dawn
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Adding to your boyfriend/girlfriend options, I'd love to have the option to choose fiancé/fiancée.
    It'd be even better to see more family options, too. Like, say if you wanted to create a cousin or an aunt/uncle, it'd be easier to have those options, rather than have to make the relatives to connect them all.
  • Options
    xXLiLiXxxXLiLiXx Posts: 64 Member
    CAS needs more sliders. Especially for leg, arm torso length etc

This is the 4th game and we still can't edit hair...
  • Options
    That's a great idea @DevilNDisguise I know that would make my games so much easier, @xXLiLiXx that's really smart, I've never thought of editing hair before.
  • Options
    I also thought that in CAS we can change how people feel, think, and act around us. Like a popular sim. sims would be a little afraid of but always want to be nice. Or a mean sim people might just avoid. I also think in CAS we should be able to change if our spouse really likes us or not and what siblings really think of each other. Kinda like a thought system.
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited December 2015
    > @jellywuzhere said:
    > That's a great idea @DevilNDisguise I know that would make my games so much easier, @xXLiLiXx that's really smart, I've never thought of editing hair before.

Yeah! We should be able to decide what side our sims wear their hair on or if you want the hair to be in the front or the back. That would be nice.
    Post edited by sproot on
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    My hopes for CAS:
    -Categories and EA content for facial piercings, eyelashes, and nailcolor. (There is lots of CC for these and they end up scattered throughout the accessories that have to be reapplied every time, but I'd think I'd rather see EA give it a try. )
    -Option to lock accessories or makeup for outfit categories.
    -And yes, like @jellywuzhere said, more relationship options.

I know they're never going to add it back in, but the biggest thing I miss about TS3CAS was the skintone slider :/
  • Options
    @pinedasgal adding more accessories would be awesome! Since CC is a pain and all I agree that EA should try to make more. A skin tone slider would be cool, and if not that at least more skin tones.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I wish we had the option to remove articles of clothing we dislike and don't want to see anymore in cas. I don't want 12 different colors of the same horrendous frumpy gown or high water pants in my game, all star wars clothing needs to go too, ugh .. I wish I could delete whatever I wanted in TS4, but nope, I do not rule apparently.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    edited December 2015
    @SarahsShady I completely agree, I don't even get the whole star wars thing, it's good for kids costumes on "spooky day" but there is no spooky day in sims 4 :)
  • Options
    ShaChumChaShaChumCha Posts: 10 New Member
    I agree with all of these. I also think it would be nice to have the option to assign more than one outfit per occasion like in previous games.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    ShaChumCha wrote: »
    I agree with all of these. I also think it would be nice to have the option to assign more than one outfit per occasion like in previous games.

You can do that. :) They allow you to have 5 different outfits for each category. Just click the arrow above the category, and there'll be a plus next to your first outfit.
  • Options
    xXKuroFaiXxxXKuroFaiXx Posts: 83 Member
    Pointed ears for "human" sims, more unnatural eye colors (I'd honestly love more shades of red, especially a garnet color, maybe yellow or orange), sky blue hair color, the ability to pass down unnatural hair colors to a sim's children, multiple piercings in one/both ears, options to have just one ear pierced, more choker necklaces. Oh and leather jackets, or I guess more leather jacket options is a better way to phrase it.
  • Options
    Geckoluver61Geckoluver61 Posts: 24 New Member
    I want girls clothes be available for guys and visa versa. If I want to create a drag queen I should be able too ;p
  • Options
    Great ideas :)
  • Options
    pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    A little icon denoting if an item is CC would be extremely convenient. This way, I could upload CC-free sims to the gallery with no hassle. They had this in TS2/TS3.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I like the boyfriend/girlfriend suggestion. And I agree with SarahsShady that we need a way to hide cas items we don't tend to use (a buy mode hider would be good too). I'd like a way to delete CC in-game as well.

My suggestion to improve CAS would be to add more hair filters. Fringe or no fringe (I think this is called 'bangs' in the US?). And hair-up or hair-down filters would be helpful too. This would be useful as I might have a sim with long hair and a fringe, and I could narrow down the options when choosing her outfits. I might want fringe/long/loose for sleepwear, for example. Or fringe/long/up-do for formal. It's just a bit annoying as more hairstyles are added to have to scroll through tons of 'long' hair when it could be filtered more effectively. And I think it will be helpful as more styles are added.

I'd also REALLY like more aspirations to choose from. More traits too. And I'm a fan of the walk styles. Oh! And I'd love to choose from voices with accents, if we got a French inspired world, we could get a simlish voice with a French sounding inflection. :-)
  • Options
    Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @Cinderellimouse I think your idea for accents is really good! I hope they add that.

They should also add a height slider to go with the fat and muscle ones.
    you are having a spooky mormon hell dream now!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm kinda hoping at some point they come up with a "most popular CC" pack or something, even if it's free like the holiday pack. I have no interest in using CC as it is now, but I wouldn't mind some of the better items I've seen being officially integrated somehow. That would also stop it from causing issues with the game in future patches and such.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @Jess120903, I completely agree with you about the height slider, that would be awesome. I know that there are problems with it though because it would be hard to make all of the interactions look right.

@TheGoodOldGamer, I think having a CC pack would actually be a great idea. I know that the reason that I don't use CC is because I'm afraid that either I would mess up my game while installing it or the CC would just mess up my game on its own.

@Cinderellimouse, those are great ideas. I would love more hair options and definitely more filters. Normally I end up giving up trying to find the right type of hair and just making my sim with bangs have a hairstyle without bangs for sleep wear or something, I give up too easy :)

I have been thinking and I decided that having more accessories would greatly improve the game for me. I personally would love to see scarves, nail polish (I get if they don't add that though, it creeped me out in the sims 3), and maybe even braces for teen sims. I also need my vampires :)
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    We should be able to
    make a Sim Vibe.
    Each sim has a particular vibe?
  • Options
    @poppykoke, that's a great idea! Like bully sims could either set off an intimidating vibe or an angryish vibe :)
  • Options
    sporkpatchessporkpatches Posts: 31 Member
    I think there should be an option t save styled looks and upload/download them from the gallery, it's sometimes tedious to style every sim individually
  • Options
    Great idea @sporkpatches!