Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some questions...

mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
1 - How sky colors (blue in the day, purple in the dawn, dark blue in the night) works?

2 - What happened to these amazing clouds? I can see they on the first-look gameplay trailer (Pic. 1) and in the CAS_GCW world when i delete the CAS room mesh (Pic. 2). It's possible to put they back via mods?

9oxXMI8.png

yjvsgsh.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    I’m not sure if it’s these exact clouds, but there is a cloud replacement here that looks kind of similar. You could also use your own cloud texture instead (the simple way: download that mod, replace the texture, save and there you go).
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    pbox wrote: »
    I’m not sure if it’s these exact clouds, but there is a cloud replacement here that looks kind of similar. You could also use your own cloud texture instead (the simple way: download that mod, replace the texture, save and there you go).

This is the normal clouds backdrop, seems that the old clouds work similar to TS3 clouds.
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi,

For #1) Sky colors are defined by the World Color Timeline resource which is in each .world file, BT file for this resource posted here.

For #2) The look of the world's skybox is defined by the Sky Box Texture resource (BT file), which has type 0x71a449c9. Each world file contains one of these resources that defines its skybox textures.

Unfortunately .world files will not load resources out of the mods directory so the only way a mod could replace these resources is to actually modify the .world file in the game's install directory. This is not ideal since touching data in the game's install directory could cause problems when the game is patched, although performing a "repair" in Origin will always get the game's data files back into their correct state. Anyway, if you were to copy the Sky Box Texture Resource from the CAS world file to another world file, it should give you what you are looking for. i.e.

IPEAL4r.jpg

Hope that helps,
    -SGMS

P.s. Tagging @Zerbu, who asked for some of this info a while back.
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Thank you! Could you perhaps link the above post (".world files will not load resources out of the mods directory so the only way a mod could replace these resources is to actually modify the .world file") from the .bt download posts or quote it there or something? Otherwise this information will be hard to find I'm afraid .. / looks at thread title
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top