Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with buying a house!

Hi! I've just started experimenting with ITF and want to buy a house in Oasis Landing for my household but I'm having problems. I can buy an empty block but I can't buy a house, even when I've put one in and turned it into a residential home. My household has around $161,000 and I can't seem to use any cheats to change this while in the future. Has anyone got any suggestions so my sim can take her family to the future?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Make sure it's an ownable residential lot in the lot assignment, not a regular residential lot. Your sims can only purchase ownable lots in Oasis Landing and the World Adventures destinations. Regular residential lots are for residents of those worlds.

In my experience it's different in the homeworld, although I think you need NRaas Traveler to use the residential ownable lot assignment in homeworlds. In a regular homeworld your sims can only purchase regular residential lots, not ownable residential lots. Inactives won't move into ownable residential lots either way.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Make sure it's an ownable residential lot in the lot assignment, not a regular residential lot. Your sims can only purchase ownable lots in Oasis Landing and the World Adventures destinations. Regular residential lots are for residents of those worlds.

In my experience it's different in the homeworld, although I think you need NRaas Traveler to use the residential ownable lot assignment in homeworlds. In a regular homeworld your sims can only purchase regular residential lots, not ownable residential lots. Inactives won't move into ownable residential lots either way.

It is an ownable lot but it still doesn't come up with an option to buy. I don't know why it's being so temperamental!
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Try resetting time continuum with the portal. It will set Oasis Landing to default, like you have never visited there before. I am not sure but this could fix your problem.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    berginon wrote: »
    Try resetting time continuum with the portal. It will set Oasis Landing to default, like you have never visited there before. I am not sure but this could fix your problem.

Thank you for the suggestion; I'll give it a try! My only other alternative is to cheat and put heaps of funds into the household!