Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this laptop work?

AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
edited November 2015 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hey everyone. A friend of mine just got a new computer and is willing to sell me this laptop for a ridiculously low price. Will it run the sims well?

ASUS ROG G75VW 17-Inch Gaming Laptop

Screen Size 17.3 inches
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Max Screen Resolution 1920x1080
Processor 2.4 GHz Core i7-3630QM
RAM 8 GB DDR3
Memory Speed 1600 MHz
Hard Drive 750 GB mechanical_hard_drive
Graphics Coprocessor Nvidia GTX 660M 2G GDDR5
Graphics Card Ram Size 2000 MB
Post edited by April on

Comments

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    How much are they charging you for it?
    How old is it?
    You might be able to get better elsewhere and also age plays a factor. The age of the system can affect performance. This can change whether you should get it or not.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    It's about 2 years old and he is willing to sell it to me for $300 because he doesn't really need the money but he wants to recoup at least a little of what he paid for it. The is the exact model...

www.amazon.com/G75VW-17-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-VERSION/dp/B009M2XB3U
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    It is an old graphics card, but still would run the Sims 4 without any issue according to the supported graphics cards.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition/p1
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited November 2015
    It will run the game, however depending on how it was used for the first 2 years will play a factor on performance and how long the laptop will last. Laptops typically dont last as long as desktops.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    April wrote: »
    It's about 2 years old and he is willing to sell it to me for $300 because he doesn't really need the money but he wants to recoup at least a little of what he paid for it. The is the exact model...

www.amazon.com/G75VW-17-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-VERSION/dp/B009M2XB3U

You could get it. Maybe it'd work. However, keep in mind it may not last long due to age. Maybe you could buy it, it'd last longer than any brand new laptop found for $500 in all honesty.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. My friend agreed to let me take a test run of the laptop and I tried out the sims 4 with all stuff packs, game packs and expansion packs last night and this morning. The laptop is running great and I'm able to play on ultra settings. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it. It's barely used as my friend had another laptop that he used for day to day computing and he didn't have much time to play games. In my opinion I can't beat it for $300 dollars.