Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ge Force Experiance driver update, now wont recognise, find Sims 4

sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
edited November 2015 in PC - Technical Discussions
It was on there before. It was nice being able to have my graphics for The Sims 4 optimized with one click. The Sims 4 is still listed as a supported game on Nividia's web site, but for some reason the program no longer is able to find The Sims 4 after I installed the latest driver update. Any clues? I did try to add the game under preferences, but not sure which folder it wants.

This what is says on the site.

"First, make sure your game is supported. Please see this list of supported games. (Did that, and it is there)

Second, if your game is supported, check that its install directory is being checked by GeForce Experience. You can see which directories are being checked and add to them by going to Preferences > Games." (Maybe that is where the problem is? The "install directory"? I looked in the game files and didn't see anything obvious, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.)

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I never use Gforce experience it will optimize things it should not.. Using the game options to customize is better. Add the game to your nvidia control panel under 3d/program settings .

aa03762d-0b8a-48ab-a6cf-9eca2c446f24_zpsr3imjd8n.png

• Options
    I found it. Thank you @phoebebebe13 . Do you have any suggestions on what the settings should be for The Sims 4?
  • Options
    I found it. Thank you @phoebebebe13 . Do you have any suggestions on what the settings should be for The Sims 4?

Your welcome ,what video card do you have?
  • Options
    I have Ge Force GTX 560 Ti
  • Options
    you should be able to play on ultra
  • Options
    Should I change or adjust anything on the Nvidia control panel that you showed in the image, or just use the settings on the game itself? I have never used the nvidia control panel to change or adjust graphics on my computer, so I'm not sure how it works.
  • Options
    I dont change anything in control panel other than using vertical sync and putting it on adaptive which syncs your video card with your monitor to prevent screen tearing . It will make the game run smoother
  • Options
    thank you for your help.
  • Options
    your very welcome
  • Options
    valchajmervalchajmer Posts: 106 Member
    I just set Nvidia to give Sims High Performance (as I do for other 3D apps), nothing else :)
    Don't think I opened GeForce experience too many times, instead for updating drivers.