Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about sims going out to public places/work.

Can you watch your sim actually do their job and can you watch them eat when they go out to the diner? I followed them there and all I saw was the bubble of their face and I can't go into the buildings.

Comments

• Options
    SimulatedNissaSimulatedNissa Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No.

You can see them if they go into their neighbor's house though.. that's happens only if they get invited in, of course.
  • Options
    SimGuruKyleSimGuruKyle Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Work places, stores, and some other areas in the world are things called "Rabbit Holes"- your Sims go inside, and they experience whatever motive effects are involved, and if they're going to work you can change how they act at work (Work Hard, Slack Off, Meet Coworkers, etc), but you don't actually follow them inside. Honestly, its probably a much more elegant solution than micromanaging your Sim filling out TPS reports. ;)

Everything else in the world, though, is open to the player. You can look around the map, check out your neighbor's houses, etc. For the first time ever, the entire neighborhood isn't just a collection of lots, but a single unified world. Have fun and look around- you might be surprised by some of the stuff you find. :D
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    what? I thought you can see them at work.. ugh. xp
  • Options
    BobbyIsraelBobbyIsrael Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Don't worry you will be able to see them at work. As sure as the day cometh tommorrow EA more than likely already has a EP in the works.