Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Need More Family Gameplay!

MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I understand that some people dislike Toddlers but there are people out there who do like them and want them in their game!! I am a family/generation kind of person. I dont care about parties. We're getting annoyed because there has been no release of Family content and thats why people get bored of the game. I love The Sims 4 but dont go telling me and others to go to a different game... The Sims 3 was a good game but I never enjoyed it too the max because of game glitches/lag and crashes!! The Sims 4 is smoother and thats why we play it! They need to understand that not everyone wants party/outings content..! They should at least do different kinds of content to satisfy everyones needs. I understand it can take ages to make things and make sure that everything is right. Seeing that render of the Toddler made me want them in my game NOW and I lost my patience! (First time of actually losing patience with the game)! ;)
Post edited by MiddletonPlays on

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I understand that some people dislike Toddlers but there are people out there who do like them and want them in their game!! I am a family/generation kind of person. I dont care about parties. We're getting annoyed because there has been no release of Family content and thats why people get bored of the game. I love The Sims 4 but dont go telling me and others to go to a different game... The Sims 3 was a good game but I never enjoyed it too the max because of game glitches/lag and crashes!! The Sims 4 is smoother and thats why we play it! They need to understand that not everyone wants party/outings content..! They should at least do different kinds of content to satisfy everyones needs. I understand it can take ages to make things and make sure that everything is right. Seeing that render of the Toddler made me want them in my game NOW and I lost my patience! (First time of actually losing patience with the game)! ;)

I do not dislike them, I do not care, I will still play the game. There are too many assumptions made on these forums lately and they are getting to the point where they want to stop others rights to have an opinion. I am getting annoyed that sometimes the people who seem so passionate about wanting things do not want others to want things also, so yes, they should cater to everyone's needs but that is just not possible when everyone wants something different. Some are just more vocal than others.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    OP you are far from alone and there is nothing wrong with being asked to be considered in development. People do it all the time :)
    You might find some like minded people at the family thread by the way :)
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I agree op! I need family expansions, game packs, stuff packs, free packs, and family interactions and activities in unrelated packs. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    In addition to toddlers, I also believe children need more content and interactions. Children cannot play games with each other and they don't even have a full playground. No swings, slides, or merry-go-rounds.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    > @SweetieKaye said:
    > In addition to toddlers, I also believe children need more content and interactions. Children cannot play games with each other and they don't even have a full playground. No swings, slides, or merry-go-rounds.

I would also love ballpits and bouncy castles aswell! Something new for them to do! :)
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I wonder if @SimGuruDrake misses toddlers? I see her pop in on the odd thread about them but she's never given her opinion on them as a life stage :tongue:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I imagine EA is loosing a lot of money from the sims 4 not having toddlers. They took a game they had to spent time on taking away two different other modes, and probably had expansions, stuff, and game packs already in works or at least prototypes before even releasing the game. The game originally revolved aound Young Adult single online play. I hope that the dev's are now working on toddlers, unattached babies and things for children.... Objects for them as well as playing tag, cops and robbers etc. With each other. I really do hope generations will be the next game pack with a ton of family play. It has probably not been easy on the dev's trying to figure out how to incorporate toddlers and children into a mix that was originally designed for Single, young adult online play. And to hear complaints all the time about a game they have spent so much time on is probably very disheartening to them. If toddlers, unattached baby play, and more child related play and content can be made workable I'm sure they will bring it on. I can't imagine them purposefully withholding that stuff as it will bring in so much more business, and corporations are typically about the money, and they know being able to please their fans will be the best way to do that. The Tesm has already put in pools, ghosts, door locks, hot tubs, buffet tables, and a lot of other things That have been asked for on the forums. Storage boxes coming up with the october competition. I certainly hope more family play will be doable and will make a return.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm by no means just a "family" player. I like to play many different stories. Playing with toddlers has never been a focus for me, in this game or any other iterations. That being said, I do miss them. It was nice in past games having them, it was nice to be able to play with them and grow further attached to a sim by leading them thru all their life stages. At this point it's become a bit hard, and weird to even have kids in the game. It's just so bizarre to me to have a grown kid pop put of a bassinet. It ruins immersion.

I do hope that at the very least, after GT is out, that they focus more on family activities. It is badly needed.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    I'm by no means just a "family" player. I like to play many different stories. Playing with toddlers has never been a focus for me, in this game or any other iterations. That being said, I do miss them. It was nice in past games having them, it was nice to be able to play with them and grow further attached to a sim by leading them thru all their life stages. At this point it's become a bit hard, and weird to even have kids in the game. It's just so bizarre to me to have a grown kid pop put of a bassinet. It ruins immersion.

I do hope that at the very least, after GT is out, that they focus more on family activities. It is badly needed.

I don't think many people fit into 'just' family players. From my experience we all have many different play styles to our individual games :)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm not just a family player either. I'm a life player and for me, that includes sound representation of all life stages. Having 10 year old children leap out of bassinets doesn't cut it for me. It ruins immersion for me as well. I also want children who play tag, mary mack, and cops & robbers with each other.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    In addition to toddlers, I also believe children need more content and interactions. Children cannot play games with each other and they don't even have a full playground. No swings, slides, or merry-go-rounds.

Agreed. This plus I"d like to see see saws and playing catch return for adults.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I agree, The Sims Base Games always lack in Family Play in my opinion and it'd be nice to see some more differences between Life Stages.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ZariarainesZariaraines Posts: 30 New Member
    I agree all the stuff packs are coming out, and none of them include more to family gameplay.
    TBH, It feels weird having a newborn turn into a child....makes my gameplay feel out of place.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We're getting annoyed because there has been no release of Family content and thats why people get bored of the game.

Now isn't that the truth, it amazes me after a year of players begging for family play we still have not got anything but party luxury and work themed expansion stuff and game packs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member