Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much Time Do You Spend Simming?

Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
And this refers to any version of the game.

I play the Sims 4 about 3-4 hours a week.
I play the Sims 3 about 2-3 hours a week.
I play the Sims 2 about 1-2 hours a week.
I spend around 2 hours a week on the forum.
I spend around 2 hours a week searching for downloads.

Total weekly simming time: 10-13 hours per week.

And no need to put down any version of the game. If you don't play a particular version then just don't list it.

Comments

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I only play The Sims 4 now. I play roughly five hours a night after work, Monday through to Friday.

Soo, about 25 hours a week, give or take a few depending on my weekend plans.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I only play the Sims 3. I play about 10-15 hours a week.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2015
    I only play TS4 currently and play 6-8 hours a week. Would love to be able to play more but I really only get time of the weekend.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I play 3 and 4. Sims 4 about 1 hour a day when I'm working and maybe 3 hours when I'm off.
    Sims 3 not so often lately. Maybe a couple of hours per week. So about 13 hours a week actually playing the Sims.
    I usually have this forum and others up in the background so its hard to determine how much time I actually spend here. Maybe 3 hours a week actually reading and posting.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I haven't added it up. It really depends on what else I have to get done. I've just finished the rough draft of another book, and in between doing the line-by-line edits, I'm also digging into my family's roots, which can sweep me away for hours on end. LOL When I need to just have a bit of fun (not saying I'm not having fun with the genealogy) I play Sims4. On a really good session, I'll play at least 3-4 hours at a time. Every now and again, I'll go back to play Sims2. But I just had a real kerfuffle again with that one, too. I left the household just after they had their baby boy (and it took several exits after birth and reentering the game until I got the desired son). When I finally came back to play that household again. Baby was a toddler! Still have no clue how or why that happened, unless I inadvertently allowed the time to go by too quickly before I exited after the child's birth. I never did get to bathe the baby. Sadness.

I tried to play Sims3 again, for a bit. But, it was reaffirmed why rotation play doesn't work so well in that game. :( Yes, I could have used a mod to make sure my main couple had their families, but, I really wanted to play each household.

Oh, well, if I have to guesstimate, I'd say I Sim about 6-9 hours a week, at this point.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I only play the Sims 3. I play about 10-15 hours a week.

same :)))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I used to play TS3 for 70-90 hours a week.

I play TS4 0 hours a week.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I have no idea how much time I spend simming but it feels like not enough and way too much at the same time. Weird.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Honestly, I haven't had much time to really sit down and play. Between Uni and Work not enough freetime :s
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Surely some of you play for like close to 50 hours a week?

If you play 5 hours a day - Monday to Friday, then that is 25 hours a week. Add in 2x 12 hours for the weekend would give you 49 hours a week.

The first time I ever played TS3, I played 44 hours straight - 16 hours of those were in build mode. I didn't sleep for 44 hours - I only went to bed as I kind of thought I should have a break.

Surely some people have played close to 70+ hours a week?

I've sometimes played 16+ hours on a weekend day - so I might clock up 30+ hours just in one weekend (playing TS3).
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    24/7 with the Sims 4. >:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    24/7 with the Sims 4. >:)
    That's the spirit.

I think it was a typo though - he meant TS3.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I haven't been able to get into the Sims 4 regularly. I binge for 20 hours one week and then don't touch it for another 2 months.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Lately I've been playing probably 20 or more hours per week. Just TS3, though; haven't opened my TS4 game in months. I did play TS2 recently, for about an hour or so.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Typically, a few days a week.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    plopppo wrote: »

:* 70-90 hours a week! @plopppo, do you still play Sims 3?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    plopppo wrote: »

:* 70-90 hours a week! @plopppo, do you still play Sims 3?
    Not much since TS4 was released - TS4 kind of killed my interest and I went back to playing a lot of other games - Skyrim, etc.

I was quite addicted to playing TS3.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2015
    I really only play 3, 2 sometimes but I guess not enough to count it. IDK, it really varies, some days I don't play at all others I play 8 or more hours in a day. I've hardly played for probably a month or more and will hardly play at least through November. It just depends how busy I am and what I feel like playing at the time.

I guess if I had to guess I'd say probably an average of 1-2 hours a day so 7-14 hours a week. IDK.

(Just sneaking in some spelling/grammar edits, now that I'm on my laptop and my phone won't make it too complicated XD)
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • Options
    miss_squeebsmiss_squeebs Posts: 60 Member
    I can't play any game for too long without my eyesight going bonkers and my attention span giving out. I play the sims about four hours a day (not straight through) for a couple weeks, then I usually get bored or frustrated with something and I don't play for months. I play the Sims 4 currently, occasionally stopping by the Sims 2.

@plopppo that's literally half of your week (counting nights.) If you assume you had to sleep about eight hours here and there, that's about 5.6 days on a 90 hour week. Almost an entire week of straight playing. That's intense.
  • Options
    Tibbits2uTibbits2u Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2015
    On weekdays I play an for an hour or two just to kind of unwind from the work day. My weekend Hours kinda vary sometimes I'll be way to busy and I wont bother playing at all and at other times I've played marathon 8 or 12 hour sessions. I'd say on average Though I Normally play between 5 and 25 hours a week.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    What?... Eating?... Sleeping?... Who has time for that?! My Sims NEED me! :dizzy:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    Way too much time. Sims 2 I think I spent the longest of 10 years continuous play and counting. Sims 1 I play off and on over the past 13 years. Sims 3 I play off and on, but quite active with it now. Sims 4, mostly just during patch releases now. First couple months I played it quite regularly but got bored after awhile. I know I've played PVZ 2 more than Sims 4 though. :sweat:

I can easily spend 3-5 hours at least a day playing the Sims 1-3. Sims 4 at most I can handle is 1 hour.

I admit I probably spend a good amount of time just mod and CC shopping. I can't even keep track of that anymore.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've spent anything up to an hour on TS2 Open world EP for TS3 because I've got my game so heavily Modded out that I'm playing it rotationally like TS2.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    3-5 hours on The Sims 4 each day. However, for these past few days, I am really busy with college and there's not much new content in TS4 anyway, so I have not been playing it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OuterseOuterse Posts: 289 Member
    I only play when I've got at least two hours to play. Depending on the week I probably average 10-15 hours in game (purely TS4) and another 3-5 on the forums/watching lets plays on Youtube.